GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GMFS Splicer
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive gone through the forums or at least where I've thought this topic might be and I've come up with nothing so I figured in just gonna ask.
I've got a 2011 chevy 1500 4x4 with an 8" superlift on it. Everything is great! The only problem I'm having is I can't make a u turn unless I'm on a 6 lane road. The local shop here in town suggested adjusting the steering stops. My buddy is a mechanic for chevy and he wouldn't recommend doin it for rollover issues and what not. I've got a small grasp on the benefits of negative offset wheels and when I bought my wheels I chose -12 18x9 xd hoss on 35" coopers. Would choosing a -24 offset make that much of a difference? Thanks in advance for all your advice and input.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I'd say put up with it. Hell, I can pull a u turn on some wider 2 lanes. Even if I can't, a two point turn won't hurt anyone.

·
GMFS Splicer
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree. I just thought I'd ask if anyone has ever adjusted the steering stops or if anyone knew something else. Thanks man.

·
Lifted 2wd
389 Posts
I shaved down the steering stops on my LCAs. Just do a little at a time in order to continually check that nothing important starts hitting or binding. I was able to get quite a bit of turning radius back

·
Banned
366 Posts
lol! roll over issues?? adjust the stops and be done with it. they usually tighten up the stops so it doesn't rub at full lock...

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,708 Posts
lol! roll over issues?? adjust the stops and be done with it. they usually tighten up the stops so it doesn't rub at full lock...
I usually turn my wheels to full lock when at highway speeds so....

·
GMFS Splicer
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lmao!! I tell him that all the time. He just graduated UTI and thinks he's a master mechanic

·
Registered
564 Posts
Me too...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts