GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
has driven a Ford lately.
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,249110,00.html

BOSTON — A series of suspicious packages attributed to a giant hoax paralyzed downtown Boston Wednesday, just hours before evening rush hour.

Some of the images left on the devices are apparently in the form of characters called "errs" from the adult cartoon, "Aqua Teen Hunger Force."

"It's a hoax — and it's not funny," said Gov. Deval Patrick, who was expected to hold a press conference on the investigation at 4 p.m. ET Wednesday.

Bomb units scrambled to investigate five suspicious devices reported almost simultaneously throughout the city. But FOX News has learned there may be as many as 10 devices found in the greater Boston area. Sources said around half of them appear to be hoaxes and most, if not all of them, have keyboard themes.

The reports forced the temporary shutdowns of part of an interstate, a key inbound roadway and a bridge between Boston and Cambridge.

At least two of the devices were quickly determined to be harmless.

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA thats fucking hilarious! fuck Deval Patrick, that shit is a rofl riot!

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
"Aquateen Hungerforce shuts down Boston" LMFAO... I love living in a state of perpetual fear... so all encompassing that cartoons are now reason for alarm. :rofl2:

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,542 Posts
Re: We all new it would happen eventually: MOONINITES HAVE INVADED!

:roflmao: Hilarity

EDIT: scratch that....this board actually lets you edit titles...fantastic.
nice :rofl2:

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
Fuckin people are so gullible around here. They shutdown the whole city for that shit.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I know, I heard all these old bastards talking about it on tv and acted like they have never seen a cartoon a day in their lives. They refer to them as devices scattered throughout the city, i mean its just a piece of plastic with a bunch of lightbrite pins making a picture.:think:

·
meow
15,748 Posts
Promo for the new movie coming out soon :D I love ATHF!

"Please Err" "Your buttoxs are so small an tinny"
"Then it's time for full frontal" "Yeah put them on the glass"

:rofl2:

peep the sig :read:

·
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
awesome - yo endo give me the rundown on the bikes in the back

Pic is from last year's Brian Head, UT ride. From left-to-rght...

Cannondale Gemini 900, Mantiou Sherman Breakout+ TPC fork, Fox Vanilla (crap) shock. 8" Hayes HFX-9s. Fairly low end item, but it's solid (mine).
Orange bike is a Yeti AS-X, Super T Pro, Fox DHX 5.0. 8" Hayes Mags
Almost completely invisible in the middle is brother's 04 Demo9 Pro. Swinger 4-way, 888RR up front. 8" Hayes HFX-9s. Mavic 729 wheels (pure beef!)
Next over is a Yeti 575 w/ a Fox Vanilla 125 on the front. Four pot Hope brakes.
On the far end of the bed is a Weyless 67. Basically a Supergo knock off an SC Bullit. Has a Swinger 6-way in the back, and a Super T Pro up front. 8" Hayes HFX-9s. After some creative E-baying of stock parts for better ones, this bike wound up costing its owner a grand total of $1200 to build.
On the back is a Specialized Enduro, Fox air front and rear.
We wound up bringing a total of 8 bikes (for 6ppl), 7 of them rode out in my truck. Best frickin riding/vacation ever!

Amongst other trails we rode "Dark Hollow" three times (shuttled it)....has about a mile of vertical drop per run: http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/trails/darkholl.htm

·
4,725 Posts
I guess the funniest part is the group of men who have the balls to get called out to do their extremely high risk for all of our security. pretty funny how the next call might be their last. pranks are great right.

·
Member #1303
5,159 Posts

·
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BTW, apparently Adult Swim is responsible for this. It was a guerrilla marketing campaign that was misinterpreted. These have been live in other cities for a few weeks, but only Boston thought they were bombs. Tards. Apparently they were scary because they had wires and batteries. (And who ISN'T terrified of wires and batteries?). The "packages" were not "left in subways and in health care centers" like the media reported...they're fucking lighted magnetic signs. Apparently they've made an arrest too.

·
It's Jerry's World
3,573 Posts
Rep. Ed Markey, a Boston-area congressman, said, "Whoever thought this up needs to find another job."

"Scaring an entire region, tying up the T and major roadways, and forcing first responders to spend 12 hours chasing down trinkets instead of terrorists is marketing run amok," Markey, a Democrat, said in a written statement. "It would be hard to dream up a more appalling publicity stunt."

Turner Broadcasting said the devices had been in place for two to three weeks in Boston; New York; Los Angeles, California; Chicago, Illinois; Atlanta, Georgia; Seattle, Washington; Portland, Oregon; Austin, Texas; San Francisco, California; and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

HAHA~!

whoever thought htat up needs a promotion! fucking idiots wasting all that money.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts