GMC Truck Forum banner

81 - 100 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
On Tapatalk, there’s an ad every 5 posts. Also, the thing popping up every time I open a thread asking me if I love the thread and want to give kin can fuck off.

At least admit that you don’t really give a fuck about the site and the way it performs or anything and are just trying to make as much ad revenue as you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Mmm Sandwich
14,880 Posts
On Tapatalk, there’s an ad every 5 posts. Also, the thing popping up every time I open a thread asking me if I love the thread and want to give kin can fuck off.

At least admit that you don’t really give a fuck about the site and the way it performs or anything and are just trying to make as much ad revenue as you can.

You can turn the kin off in the settings. But at least you don't have to log out each time you try to use it

·
Registered
895 Posts

In Samsung's browser and Google Chrome there are ads every four posts, as well as a floating one at the bottom of the screen. Mostly for shit that I have no intention of ever buying.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Just got another redirect, and this is still the only site it happens on.

Not that anyone cares.

·
Administrator
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Well this is cool... View attachment 868314 View attachment 868313

This is an error we've only seen from users using Explorer or IE, have you tried seeing if a different browser gives you the same isse?

Either I am missing it or we lost the feature where when you clicked on a link for a thread it took you to the first unread post.

I use adblock plus and honestly had no idea this site had ads, I couldn't tell you if the last version did either...

• Clicking the thread title will take you to where you left off, the 1st unread post.
  • Clicking the timestamp below the title will take you to the 1st post of the thread.
  • Clicking the timestamp above the last poster user takes you to the last (newest) post.
Just got another redirect, and this is still the only site it happens on.

Not that anyone cares.
Start a conversation with us and give us the following:
  • Device and browser you were using (as well as their versions)
  • Any add-ons that can affect scripts
  • Where you were on the forum when you got this
  • the URL you were redirected to
  • A screenshot of the incident
  • If you have it/ know how to get it the HAR file of the incident
The more information you can give us, the better we can prevent this in the future.

-Gerrit

·
Administrator
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Guess my taptalk issue is a non issue.
Hello,

As Tapatalk is a 3rd party device, the best recommendation I can give is to clear the app's cache and cookies and see if that resolves any issues.
Perhaps there is more information I can provide, but I am not sure how helpful it will be for you.

-Gerrit

·
Mmm Sandwich
14,880 Posts
Hello,

As Tapatalk is a 3rd party device, the best recommendation I can give is to clear the app's cache and cookies and see if that resolves any issues.
Perhaps there is more information I can provide, but I am not sure how helpful it will be for you.

-Gerrit
I have this garbage site is the only one that does it

·
Registered
895 Posts
Start a conversation with us and give us the following:
  • Device and browser you were using (as well as their versions)
  • Any add-ons that can affect scripts
  • Where you were on the forum when you got this
  • the URL you were redirected to
  • A screenshot of the incident
  • If you have it/ know how to get it the HAR file of the incident
The more information you can give us, the better we can prevent this in the future.

-Gerrit

Galaxy S10 Plus
No add-ons
Reading the "What did you do to your GM today" thread.

·
Registered
895 Posts
And by the way, the redirects began right after the migration on my old phone, a Galaxy S8+. Got this phone a week ago and still get the redirects. Different phone, different carrier, and the only things I ported over were photos and contacts so I didn't bring anything else with it.

·
Mmm Sandwich
14,880 Posts
And by the way, the redirects began right after the migration on my old phone, a Galaxy S8+. Got this phone a week ago and still get the redirects. Different phone, different carrier, and the only things I ported over were photos and contacts so I didn't bring anything else with it.
Wait so the new site is all that changed?

Omg same shit with my taptalk problem that only happens on this site. They ain't fixing anything. You are talking to a wall

·
Administrator
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #97

Omg same shit with my taptalk problem that only happens on this site. They ain't fixing anything. You are talking to a wall
Unfortunately if this is an issue through tapatalk it is not one we can affect. Tapatalk is a third party app, but I have pinged our techs about any ad issues to see if it was through us or through them.

Hope I can resolve this for you, but it may be something to report to Tapatalk as well.

-Gerrit

·
Registered
895 Posts
The new site is all that changed when it started happening. Since then I have changed phones and carriers and it still happens so it wasn't something on my phone.

Also keep tabs open on 11 other sites and none of them get redirected.

·
Mmm Sandwich
14,880 Posts
The new site is all that changed when it started happening. Since then I have changed phones and carriers and it still happens so it wasn't something on my phone.

Also keep tabs open on 11 other sites and none of them get redirected.
Same thing with my taptalk issue but it's a taptalk issue and not theirs.

81 - 100 of 199 Posts