GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if anyone can provide some feedback on the weather tech and husky floor liners (or any other brands out there)! The weather tech's look a bit nicer but are kind of expensive. I am in and out of my truck several times a day with wet muddy feet, so I want a liner that will holds lots of water and mud and actually drain out over the door sill without soaking my carpet!!

If you have some and wouldn't mind snapping a few pics that would be even better. I want to make sure that they come up high enough over the tranny/floor hump to protect the carpet where my foot would rub it from hitting the gas pedal.

Last, where is a good place to get these for a good price? No one in town sells them, and I have checked ebay as well. I have an '03 silverado reg cab w/o floor shift 4x4.

I am looking for the floor liners remember, not floor mats. They look alot like these: http://www.weathertech.com/store/ve...7&veh_opt_choice_id=119&veh_opt_choice_id=667

or these:

http://www.huskyliners.com/floorliners.html

·
What's this button do?
109 Posts
I've had a set husky floormats in my 91 for years. Very nice product, well worth the money! They can hold plenty of junk, and have never let anything get to my carpet. No pics of them in action though, sorry. But my 2pc fronts go almost half way up the center hump.

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,533 Posts
I have husky liners in my 94, and they're more plastic-ey than rubber. They bend and misshape easily, slide around and don't fit as snug as I'd like. But they do hold about a gallon of slush and mud with no problem.

I'd try the weathertechs.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I had "Catch-all" mats in my jeep when i had it, and they worked great! Carpeted, but you could still pull em out and hose em off when ya got em muddy. Im not sure if they make em for GM's though.

·
GMFS Resident Drunk Guy
704 Posts
Husky's aren't bad, but as Denaliano said, they feel plastic, and they don't fit as nice as they should for the price.

Nifty Catch-all's aren't bad at all... if you want something carpeted but still able to hold a lot of nasty stuff, they're perfect. A bit pricey though.

Weathertech's are by far the nicest liners I've gotten my hands on so far. I try to upsell everyone to them from Huskyliners at work. I'm getting a set for my truck. They too, are a bit pricey though... but from my experience selling all three, I'd go with the Weathertech's.

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
i got mine off ebay new for 34 bucks shipped for 2000. i like them in the summer but in the winter they suck, always got a pool under your feet and when you turn a corner then it splashes into the carpeting freezing them floormat to the carpet. but overall i'd buy the Huskys liners again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts