GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for a few months I've been hearing a loud "pop" from driver side front wheel area when I turn sharp both left and right. It happens about midway through the turn (so halfway from being fully cranked out to R or L). I can barely feel it in the steering wheel when it happens. It's beginning to happen more often than it did when it first started. I haven't had time to take it to the dealership and won't have time for a few more weeks. Just curious if anyone has had this problem or has any idea of what it could be? :think:

TIA :shake:

·
GMFS Señor Member
1,326 Posts
I have the same thing going on with my truck. I hear a thump from the same area when about to move the truck from park. It's annoying as hell! I might be taking it to the dealership next week. I gotta find the bulletin on this problem so that I can show the service guys my lowering kit has nothing to do with it.

·
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the same thing going on with my truck. I hear a thump from the same area when about to move the truck from park. It's annoying as hell! I might be taking it to the dealership next week. I gotta find the bulletin on this problem so that I can show the service guys my lowering kit has nothing to do with it.
Yeah exactly when mine does it too, but now it's getting worse and happening while I'm driving. When I take it to the dealership it probably won't do it so they'll tell me to come back another time :nono:

edit: where do you find service bulletins?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing too. I took it to the dealership last week and they told me "we can hear it but cant find it so when it gets worse bring it back and we can try to find it again, maybe is those big wheels (24") you have":think: .. i hate my dealership in town!

·
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They still haven't fixed this? I know I've read about it happening in the NBS trucks.
My friend was telling me his grandpas nbs had the same problem. It's annoying

Mine is doing the same thing too. I took it to the dealership last week and they told me "we can hear it but cant find it so when it gets worse bring it back and we can try to find it again, maybe is those big wheels (24") you have":think: .. i hate my dealership in town!
Sounds like something any dealership would say.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts