GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
\m/ (-_-) \m/
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might sound like kind of a stupid question but I am going to ask anyway. How hard are the new victory blue chevys to keep clean? I know that my white truck is pretty easy and I know that black is a total pain to keep clean. The reason I am asking is because I am thinking about by the end of summer selling off the '99 to get an '03 SS Silverado. I really want to get one of the victory blue ones when I get one though.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
victory blue isnt a color. its either arrival blue, or victory red. i'd think the blue would be easier than red or black to keep clean... i could be wrong though.

·
\m/ (-_-) \m/
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LoL yeah thats what i meant to say was arrival blue.... actually not I really thought it was victory blue. Anyway yeah the arrival blue is the one I am thinking about. I refuse to own a black vehicle though.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Blue shows dirt very easily...i have been known to wash my truck 3-4 times a week :insane:

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
i got white, and wash constantly. If it goes more than one day between washes, i atleast quick detail it.

Im with steve, washing 3-4 times everyweek.

Blue, i think it would still get dirty like black, but only not as noticable.

Dan

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Its not as bad as black but its not as easy as white, even when mine sits in the garage and gets a little dust on it its noticable. Oh and there are no stupid questions just stupid people........... lol j/k

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Rule of thumd to keep in mind, the darker the color the harder to keep clean.

Everyone I've talked to that has silver has said it's easier to keep clean than white, so it's not 100% accurate.

·
Registered
785 Posts
the darker the color the harder it is to keep clean is very true, I've got a dark metallic grey truck and it's hard as hell to keep clean, I wish I would have gottne light pewter again like I did the first time

·
Registered
930 Posts
its not bad. it will show dust alot but you cant see if your a good distance away. Arrival blue is the shit though when it is clean, my color of choice on the SS.

·
\m/ (-_-) \m/
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah there is no doubt I will go with the arrival blue when I do get the truck. I was just curious to see what your guys opinions were on it. I am going to wait till the end of summer though when I have some $$$ saved up and the price goes down a bit more with the 05s coming out and what not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts