GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a quick question for you all. I have a 99 NBS 1500 and if the truck is warm, and I turn off the truck and run into a store for 15-20 minutes when i try to restart it it will keep turning but wont start. I can turn the key and let the starter engage for a second and back off and turn the key again it will fire right up. I have had the fuel pump, fiter, and pressure regulator changed, and had the injectors cleaned. I have taken it to three or four mechanics already and they cant figure this one out. I have lived with it for a few years, but now it is getting worse and sometimes it will not start right up when it is cool.

Thanks in advance

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
try changine the plugs and wires... maybe your not getting a hot enough spark the first time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
my '90 chevy 1500 does the same thing. I don't think it is too big of a deal. You might have a thing about it not running in tip-top shape because it is a nice truck and all, but if you've done all of that and spent so much money, maybe it is just a GM thing. I replaced my wires and plugs and I don't think it made too much difference, but if you're all out of ideas knock yourself out. Maybe replace the distribultor cap and rotar while your at it. Maybe there is too big of gap in there and there isn't enough spark from that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts