GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I was leaving the office, I turn the key.
suddenly my rpm went up and down between 500 to 3000 then engine slowly died. it didn't happen again though it was really odd.

it was cold today too.

it's 96 tahoe 5.7L vortec, 178k on odometer.

maybe seaform help on these situation?
I didn't see any error code popped up either so just trying to figure out what it could be...

thanks for any input.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
seafoam is always worth a shot. Might want to check the last time you did the fuel filter. Check all the vacuum lines, hoses, etc. Give it a good once over.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well fuel pump fuel filter was replaced last year, I haven't chekced bacume line etc so I'll check those as well. I'm gonna try sea form this weekend.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
change the filter again. could have gotten a batch of gas full of crap, cloggin teh filter.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh btw,

I was thinking about doing some tune up again and also check some parts maybe replace on the engine, like egr etc. what are the things I should look into replace etc since this enging close to 180k, I just want to give some good meintenance. so I can keep running this.

last year just simple cap and rotor, new plugs, new tensioner, idle puller, new pump and filter(pump died on me like in last july had to pay to get it done)

maybe replacing all hoses, new coolant, new egr, new filter, what else?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got 2 can of seafoam, I put one in the tank will see how this goes.... I"ll try to do through vacume line on the weekend so I can take some good pic on that.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Covah23 yeah I'll checkthat and also egr valve as well. I might thinking of replacing those small parts as well this weekend.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm gonna get the pcv valve and new egr valve on the way home. I"m gonna put them on after seafoam the top engine.
so far everything running smooth except some smoke from the exhaust from seafoam in the tank.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just to update,

did oil change, seafoam done. I noticed another thing lately that sometim after driving around, then shut of. like hour or so try to start it starts like it's surging.
what this might be? fuel pressure regulator?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts