GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to weld on metal to the frame/crossmembers at to throw some hellacious sparks? I'd like it not to raise the truck up any and also be safe. I think I'm gonna enter my truck in the Draggin n Braggin contest at Slammin n Jammin, 1st prize is $1,000 :)

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Put a large sheet of cardboard under your truck and lay it out. Then where the impressions are, weld metal there. If you are wanting to win a contest, i'd suggest trying to find some titanium blocks to throw some neat sparks :)

I'm guessing the cardboard idea will work, don't see why it wouldn't at least give you a good idea of where the truck is laying at.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish there was some way that I could weld on the metal and it not raise up the truck any.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Titanium blocks cost Way too much....... I hear the mini truckers are using Two Hitch balls to throw sparks... they are effective and cheap...

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
if mini trucks use 2 then just line them up all around the bottom of your truck :crazy:

·
Member #670
1,860 Posts
pewter00 said:
if mini trucks use 2 then just line them up all around the bottom of your truck :crazy:
now id like to see that...haha...you could just put some cheap ass steel wheels on it with no tires and power break it... :LOL: i think the trailer ball is the way to go though or so blocks....or both :read:

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
04FULLSIZE said:
now id like to see that...haha...you could just put suck cheap ass steel wheels on it with no tires and power break it... :LOL: i think the trailer ball is the way to go though or so blocks....or both :read:
haha.. that would look sweet...

the blocks and the balls does sound good.. throw as many balls under there as you can :rocking:

·
OG
6,939 Posts
I can see it now, News headline: Mini trucker loses his balls on the freeway while playing with them killing a driver in a import!

Thats what i call "killing two birds with one stone" Mini driver goes to jail and one more piece of rice of the road

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
some guys use copper or other metals. I think copper burns green, some guy over at FSC was obessed with dragin and he used titanium alloy. I guess if you wanted to win, put enough metal on so you can drive and turn, and drive the bitch like a indy car warming up the tires... On the street mayhem video, they have a dually doing that. It looks pretty sic. Titanium burns a bright white btw. Just get alot of surface for draging:read: Maybe try a bunch of different metals. I believe devious sells drag blocks too

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah I've seen that vid before. Hmm... might have to go with the copper... I don't like draggin blocks because alot of the people I see with them don't even lay out so I consider dragging block are just for cheaters. I don't drag mine that much, but if I enter it in the contest I'll drag the fuck outta it as long as I don't end up with a VERY cheaply body drop when it's over with from grinding the hell outta my frame lol

·
Registered
146 Posts
ive seen a guy witha s dime ronud my town that still had his hitch but he had like a big metal horn and he would drag that also just another idea for style points or something :crazy:

oh yeah good luck :head:

get pics and post em

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Get an air cylinder, and hook it to your frame pointing down. Weld a big drag block on to the cylinder, drop your truck, hit a switch and the cylinder with the metal hits the ground. Another thing is where your frame bends up behind the cab, weld some metal to that.

·
Registered
658 Posts
i have no clue about dragging or layin out....but i think what would be sick is to get a couple of differnt types of metal....like talk to people and find out different colors......like i dont know if its possible but try to find some metals that make colored sparks....like do a red white and blue thing...dont know if its possibel but that would be awesome.....or like being the fact thatyour truck is GREEN...go with the copper cause they were saying it sparks green....you know that would be bad ass.....but yeah pics and vids are a must

·
Registered
1 Posts
you could weld a hinged bracket from the frame with springs pushing the metal on the ground, using a lever of some type to pull'em up and down

·
Registered
158 Posts
Just do like i did and bolt some 1/2" flat bar to the bottom of the frame rails! I used stainless. I imagine that it will just be normal red sparks, but I haven't drug it yet. I don't drag often, but if i want to I can! And I don't have to worry about the frame rails!

Trey

1 - 20 of 20 Posts