GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welding my exhaust up! Its 3in (or slightly larger to slip over) mandrel bends the whole way through. I started with fake cats and some Borla's (which are for sale now) but they were wayyyyyyy too loud, 3in pipe really makes some noise. Now I'm doing headers > a set of race bullets (which look enough like cats that I'm good in Texas) > X-Pipe which does a surprisingly good job of muffling sound > cutouts > Hooker Max Flow Mufflers, which are the quietest no baffle muffler according to numerous sources and I can attest they do a great job and quieting everything down > out right in front the rear wheel. Really enjoyed welding all this up its a fun thing for someone with OCD to do and I'm extremely happy with how it all turned out with the 4 mufflers and x-pipe the sound is incredible. There is something about the Hooker's that make them quiet at idle and cruising but when you open it up they give you a nice growl the sound is exactly what I would do if I had the means to make my own muffler/sound. I went to the junkyard and got some stock hangers that way if I ever need to replace them I know just to buy the stock ones. Have 3 v-bands in there so I can easily remove the exhaust and do whatever. Heres the pics!!

Here are the original parts I was going to go with but... not a good call on my part way too loud

Heres the new mufflers

Heres the bullets getting the V-band welded up. Someone drained my argon -_- so I had to weld these with flux core, no biggie tho because I was planning on grinding down all the welds anyways, I'm going to smooth all the welds out than ceramic coat it and it will look like its one long pipe the whole way through

Here it is tacked up trying to figure out clearances and what not I spent way too long staring at this trying to decide what to do

Heres a bend for the V-Band and some initial grinding

Got some 1/2 rod at home depot to form the hangers from

Not a very good torch this took awhile

This little bender put out for sure

Forming the hanger

heres one of the hangers completed

More pics to follow....

-Matt

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Welding my exhaust up! Its 3in (or slightly larger to slip over) mandrel bends the whole way through. I started with fake cats and some Borla's (which are for sale now) but they were wayyyyyyy too loud, 3in pipe really makes some noise.
-Matt
Sell me a Borla

·
Registered
2,580 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
dafuq for tho? :roflmao:

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
product_straight_zpsocxxmkvl.jpg

·
Registered
314 Posts
As far as I know,"fire foam" is exactly the same as regular spray foam. It's dyed red for the inspector to see easily.
...but why you'd use it on your truck,idk??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts