GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got the rebuilt FLT-5 trans back in with new Yank SS3600, -6AN cooler lines, new cooler, fluid, and fire in 3 hrs... practice makes perfect I guess... it runs so much better than before. it actually idles at about 725RPM now vs. 900-1000 like before... Its running and driving again!!!!!

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
awesome. now go try and break it. :crazy:

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Get a vid, I wanna see it smokin the tyres :gayfight:

·
Registered
807 Posts
lets get a pool on here for how long it takes him to break this one...lol:gayfight:

also lets see a video:imo...sounds like fun:head:

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Good to hear man, how ya likin that 3600???

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good to hear man, how ya likin that 3600???
its very nice so far man... honestly its not as loose as I expected but I'm guessing it will break in and maybe loosen a little... I've only put about 120 miles on it so far I dont want to lay into it just yet. Plus, I have a U-joint strap thats questionable right now so I'm really babying it... I dont want to throw that shaft just yet.. all in all though, its running great minus that vibration...

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Get a vid, I wanna see it smokin the tyres :gayfight:
all its going to do is wheel hop its ass off right now until I get my traction bars finished up.... but thats not too far away either :D then you will get said video LOL...

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lets get a pool on here for how long it takes him to break this one...lol:gayfight:

also lets see a video:imo...sounds like fun:head:

I'm hoping that this will stay together through the summer, this time was pretty expensive going back together... I wanted it RIGHT...

-just a foot note, the trans temps never broke 150* with the new setup...

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
all its going to do is wheel hop its ass off right now until I get my traction bars finished up.... but thats not too far away either :D then you will get said video LOL...

:jester: wheel hop = teh sux. If you ever come back this way, I need those slappers for my Ford I'm about a step away from pushing OKAY on some TrickFlows... be a nice jump going from 210rwhp to 330rwhp with heads alone :rofl2:

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:jester: wheel hop = teh sux. If you ever come back this way, I need those slappers for my Ford I'm about a step away from pushing OKAY on some TrickFlows... be a nice jump going from 210rwhp to 330rwhp with heads alone :rofl2:
I'll definitely bring them when I finally make it back down... I just bead blasted the rust off them and shot a coat of that grey hammer finish paint on them... they look kinda cool. I'm going to throw some U bolts on them and slap them back under this pig until my cal-tracs get here... the wheel hop is unbearable...and these work decent for me.

-yeah, if you were wondering... those ladder bars I was working on didnt materialize... the only ones I built and worked hung down too low... I am looking for something to put on and leave on... not strictly for the track. I'm going to save a few more pennies and go for the proven cal tracs.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Ah well, just lemme know when ya roll out. :head:

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, had my bro take it to the post office Friday afternoon... I was running around here like a madman Friday... should be on its way to PI this morning.

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
more like a 12.0X run.... this thing has got enough power to get it there... just needs to stick it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts