GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we went up to the Silver Lake sand dunes last this last weekend with our trucks (rest of pics will be uploaded later), I managed to high-center myself on my cab at the top of a dune....only to find a gaping hole in my rocker-panel when I came off

in this pic, you can see the a little tweak to the cab corner area
DSCN2419.gif

and in this pic, THERE'S A GAPING FUCKING HOLE!!!!!
DSCN2420.gif

so we got underneath it after the damage happened and found that the entire rocker sections and cab corners on both sides are completely filled with Bondo

I'm so fucking irate, I bought this truck 4 months ago, I still owe a lot of money on it....and the fucking crooks at the dealership sold me a truck with hacked up body work, I say this, because apparently that dealership is known around town for buying wrecked vehicles and slapping enough bondo on them to sell 'em...wish I would have known that before I bought this

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
fuck id bring it back and threaten em through the better business

·
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fuck id bring it back and threaten em through the better business
I walked into the show room and tried making a scene yesterday, I'm gonna go after the owner of the dealership, as he's the one doing the body work

·
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dude that sucks! Was it from rust or a wreck?
I kinda had a feeling that this truck lived a hard life before I got it, so I'm thinking rust, but the bed's also a little tweaked, and there's no question now that the whole truck's been repainted ( we found runs in the paint upon closer inspection, I took it over to my buddy's body shop and had his boss look at it)

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
I was screwed by a dealership also, My whole front end had been repainted by a angry gorilla.

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,533 Posts
That really sucks man. Nothing worse.. It's like finding out your girlfriend was gang banged by 16 bla.... er the football team.

Good luck, on the bright side, you know the repair will be done right - and can inspect and either approve or dissaprove of the job if insurance pays.

·
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That really sucks man. Nothing worse.. It's like finding out your girlfriend was gang banged by 16 bla....er the football team.
that's exactly what it felt like, I wanted to throw up, it totally ruined the fun for the rest of the day...I've been doing everything I can afford to make this truck look better and keep it in a nice condition, then shit like this happens :flame:

·
Minitrucker
710 Posts
Hmmmmm.....

Sorry dude but you do realize if you don't take the time to truly inspect the vehicle you are going to purchase then it really is your own fault....

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,533 Posts
Hmmmmm.....

Sorry dude but you do realize if you don't take the time to truly inspect the vehicle you are going to purchase then it really is your own fault....
:pow: :nono: That was pretty cockish of you.

Everyone gets all excited when they find a truck they like and can afford. Love is blind in these cases. And even though you shouldn't, (as exemplified in this case) you have faith in the dealer. No one is going to crawl on their back to inspect the undercarriage unless they've been burned before.

·
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:pow: :nono: That was pretty cockish of you.

Everyone gets all excited when they find a truck they like and can afford. Love is blind in these cases. And even though you shouldn't, (as exemplified in this case) you have faith in the dealer. No one is going to crawl on their back to inspect the undercarriage unless they've been burned before.
especially if the paint and underbody coating are fresh, you can't see that shit unless you're a body man

·
A walking ball of wax
3,549 Posts
especially if the paint and underbody coating are fresh, you can't see that shit unless you're a body man
:word: Unless you crawled under the truck and felt on the inside of the rockers would be the only way to find out. And who would really do that? Sucks man, hope you can get something from the dealer...I doubt it though.

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
That sucks man, hopefully the dealer will own up and pay up. I found out my truck started it's life out as a rental car and the underbody is all scraped up after I bought it.

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
hmm that alone would get my attention right there honestly. hope it all gets taken care of... hopefuly this doesnt happen again.

·
USN Master-At-Arms
592 Posts
so did the whole slab of painted bondo under there just fall off on the dune and that was what was undernieth? im sorry man... i dunno what i would do cause thats some major body rot... next time get a car fax report... when i bought mine, i forgot to ask for one but i actually got lucky and i got a good truck... but i also bought FROM a Caddilac/GMC dealer... hopefully they will fix that shit or take the truck back...

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
so did the whole slab of painted bondo under there just fall off on the dune and that was what was undernieth? im sorry man... i dunno what i would do cause thats some major body rot... next time get a car fax report... when i bought mine, i forgot to ask for one but i actually got lucky and i got a good truck... but i also bought FROM a Caddilac/GMC dealer... hopefully they will fix that shit or take the truck back...
carfax is nothing:imo my truck has been wrecked twice to my knowledge. neither of the wrecks showed up on carfax:pow:

·
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:word: Unless you crawled under the truck and felt on the inside of the rockers would be the only way to find out. And who would really do that? Sucks man, hope you can get something from the dealer...I doubt it though.
probably not, they keep swearing up and down that all they did was buy it from an auction and put it on their lot, so I called the guy out and said, "So, you're standing here telling me that this truck was never in your secret body shop.....the place that everyone knows you guys fill cars with bondo to sell them here...just like all of these other cars on the lot, it was never there, right?" I was I-fucking-rate

That sucks man, hopefully the dealer will own up and pay up. I found out my truck started it's life out as a rental car and the underbody is all scraped up after I bought it.
most likely not, I've been checking around and it sounds like a shady dealer, the owner used to be a professional body man, and ran a state-licensed body shop, the state yanked his license after so many complaints or something, so he re-licensed the business in his wife's name, now nobody can touch him

hmm that alone would get my attention right there honestly. hope it all gets taken care of... hopefuly this doesnt happen again.
I just figured it was a dealer thing, spray undercoating everywhere, sell it

yeah, I went over the dune and scraped the rocker on the sand...no harm right? its sand :shrug:, did that and looked underneath and the rocker had a medium hole in it and a bunch more rusty metal was hanging there with body filler stuck to it....and a carfax report would be awesome if they kept track of rust on a vehicle

1 - 20 of 34 Posts