GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well what do you all think about my 1994 GMC K2500 suburban?

It has 230,000 miles on it.

3/4 ton 8 lug suspension.

7.4L TBI 454, 4x4, tow package with G80 posi and 4.10 gears, front and rear climate control, power leather seats, power mirrors, ABS brakes, new rebuilt transmission, 265-75-16 cooper st tires on center line aluminum wheels.

It's a Michigan truck and has a little rust on the roof where the lights are at and has some I see now beginning to surface on the bottom of the doors.

This weekend I will perform a compression and oil pressure test to see the actual condition of the engine, but so far it does not burn any oil, no shakes, rattles or ticks. No over heating or no other problems at all. Very tight still

What you all think about this $2000 truck that I just bought?

IMAG0192.jpg

IMAG0205.jpg

IMAG0202.jpg

IMAG0191.jpg

IMAG0201.jpg

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,719 Posts
Pretty clean looking but take those old man running broads off

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
Ok i will be honest, i wouldn't pay 500 bucks for it, let alone drive it, not my style, but if you like it, then what the fuck does my opinion matter.

·
I am Tom Slick
6,613 Posts
I like it, minus the running boards

just FYI, every response you get on this board will say to take them off, its ok, eventually we will rub off on you and you will be modding in now time :biggrin:

·
HAPPY NEW YEAR
3,599 Posts
I like alot. Just needs some TLC...def take off the running boards. These TBI engines are indestructible.

·
GMFS MoPar/Air Force Crew
5,457 Posts
Honestly...I love it. Decent price too. Lotta miles though.

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,667 Posts
big block 2500 burb FTW

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
nice deal and good driveline too

but yea loose the boards haha

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok i will be honest, i wouldn't pay 500 bucks for it, let alone drive it, not my style, but if you like it, then what the fuck does my opinion matter.
......and I respect your honestly!

I have to disagree with you you though, seeing now that I have this project and if I came across another one in like condition for $500, then in a heart beat I would buy it. If it's only to buy and sell it quickly to make a quick buck from it. lol

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Remove the running boards, paint the wheels black and smoke the turn signals/marker lights. After that, you'll look and feel like you are DEA.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I like it, minus the running boards

just FYI, every response you get on this board will say to take them off, its ok, eventually we will rub off on you and you will be modding in now time :biggrin:
Yep in no time exactly. I got it home and the first thing I did was loosen up the body mounts and pulled the ugly moldings off from it.

Man it was a work to unloosen those body bolts. 12 of them lol. I did manage to break 2 of them. I even used heat and I have air tools. No problem, I just took my air chisel and chisel the tack welded nuts off of those two.

I'm going to add a 2" body lift to it.

I have to find something to replace those running boards then. My wife and 4 and 5 year old children will find it rather difficult to climb in and out of it. (I really kinda like them personally) lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Remove the running boards, paint the wheels black and smoke the turn signals/marker lights. After that, you'll look and feel like you are DEA.
Exactly however my thought is perhaps getting some take off Hummer H2 wheels and tires and paint the wheels black and run them without the center caps or get the black GMC dually type center caps for them.

I like this look on this Hummer
nlb.jpg

·
GMFS Czar
2,031 Posts
You'd be a fool not to pay $500 bucks for it. The private party value of the truck, in the worst of condition listed, is right at $3,900. In excellent condition it's valued at around $4,600. You got a good deal on this thing it looks like...considering what's been done to it and how many miles are on the transmission, etc. you may get your moneys worth out of it. These trucks hold their value. :read:

Definitely need to put those running boards in the trash and like said up above, make it look like a motorcade vehicle or an FBI transport van. Then tell people it's a used motorcade vehicle from the Clinton administration.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You'd be a fool not to pay $500 bucks for it. The private party value of the truck, in the worst of condition listed, is right at $3,900. In excellent condition it's valued at around $4,600. You got a good deal on this thing it looks like...considering what's been done to it and how many miles are on the transmission, etc. you may get your moneys worth out of it. These trucks hold their value. :read:

Definitely need to put those running boards in the trash and like said up above, make it look like a motorcade vehicle or an FBI transport van. Then tell people it's a used motorcade vehicle from the Clinton administration.
Yeah I want to build it up like this VVV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkmBH-MjZF4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C73EZOM0nrY

·
Candy Corn Harvester...
6,656 Posts
maybe true, but i don't want anymore shit in my yard. those trucks are rotted out up here, the kind where you would make sure all those inside have a tetnus shot.

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
Decent shape for that many miles. However im not feeling the wheels and I would also put an air dam on the front.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts