GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
For Offroad Use Only
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went up to the Deer Valley Trail this weekend for some wheeling and camping with a group of friends. We had base camp set up at the little campground on the corner of Wolf Creek Rd. and Hwy.4, I can't remember what it was called.

SBT and I had planned on doing the Lake Tahoe Hi-Lo's Poker run, but due to unforeseen circumstances they had to cancel the event this year. So I invited him along with me to meet up with some of my friends who were going up there and camping out anyway.

SBT and I

on the way

Base camp

So after we get there and get all set up, I start checking out SBT's Tahoe and I find the most wimpy, wussy little "Oh Shit!" handle I have ever seen.....or is it? :hmm:

Turns out to be for his monsterous airhorns that echo through canyons for miles....:crazy: :worship:

Next morning we headed over to the trail head and aired down....

after a few technical difficulties we finally were ready to start. SBT opted to leave his truck at the trail head after a quick inspection of the start of the trail...turns out to be a wise decision.

·
For Offroad Use Only
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

"I probably should have gone a little slower through there."
"What's wrong? You know my sandwich is on the OTHER side of the river..."
"I'm pretty sure the distributor got a little wet, just give it a minute to dry out."

Well, that's all the pictures I have, this was only about the half way point in the trail where we had lunch. My photographer however, decided he was having more fun riding in the CJ-7, therefore there aren't any more pics on my camera from this point on. lol

·
Registered
442 Posts
sick pictures man, i like how your buddy did the train horn pull thing. looks really cool

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
air horn pull cord = win.

nice trail too. i miss wheelin

·
Fat Ginger Kid
2,896 Posts
Your 2DR is wicked. Is it four lnked front and back? It looks like it but just to comfirm.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
you and your bad ass trips

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,152 Posts
Sounds like you need a new photog. (pick me, pick me)!!!!

Sick as always!

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
Looks like a fun time! I need to plan another camping trip this fall...thanks for reminding me of ANOTHER thing I need to do. :crazy:

·
For Offroad Use Only
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone, It was a great trip for sure!

Your 2DR is wicked. Is it four lnked front and back? It looks like it but just to comfirm.
It's Triangulated 4 link in the rear and a 3 link with trackbar in the front.

Truck is sick as usual. I saw the green cable and immediately thought "oh shit, OG 18-wheeler style airhorn cable!?"
Thanks! and lol, exactly! :shake:

Sounds like you need a new photog. (pick me, pick me)!!!!

Sick as always!
Haha, yea my Co-pilot and photographer ditched me to ride in the gray CJ-7 on 37's.:shrug:

·
Could be
192 Posts
Sorry about ditching you Ted! But you gotta admit the CJ was the shit!!!!11one. I am pretty depressed this morning when I woke up and did not have one...:bawl:

The trip was great. Ted's 2door was fuckin' amazing. I have to say though. For those of you wishing to do a trail like this with a full size, even with his totally custom suspension and 40s, He added about 1000 scratches and 4 hard scrapes and came DANGEROUSLY close to killing himself on a tree(about 32 times). Definitely not a friendly tail for the multi-purpose fullsize trucks. You can argue that his 2 door is multi-purpose, but the paint is hating him atm. Lmao

Thanks guys for the compliments on the air horns. It gave enjoyment to a few kids, and heart attacks to a few old guys trying to have a relaxing day of fishing at the lakes we passed going to and from.

Oh and btw, until I steal that CJ, his photographer position is filled, sorry.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts