GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
damn man...thats pretty good for the 4.3 in a fullsize...i know it would smoke my blazer...lol

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have gibson exhuast....Not the best for performace. An airaid intake cone filter and cold air box, not intake arm. And an airaid thorttle body spacer. So i have spent about 200 on the motor, and 250 on the exhaust. The exhuast was more for looks and sound rather then performance. And some random homemade mods. Check my cardomain site though my profile.

·
Just Cruz'n
133 Posts
That's a good time, now I got to get myself to the track to see what I run now with the JBA headers. The last time I ran at the track I had the Airaide intake, Flowmaster exhaust, and the hypertech programer to hit a 16.9. Also it doesn't help when I was running with my heavy ass 17's and having a full gas tank. Did remove your headlight to feed more air into the intake when ran down the track?

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, i took out my headlight. I plan on getting a nelson tune with a 160 stat next. then a set of JBA headers, and i am going to order a Velocity stack. Hoepfully this will put me in the 15's i am also going to get E-fans and Electrical exhaust cutouts.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Even though you are the dickhead that called me a dumbass 16 yearold on my last post, ill explain it to you. The intake box on a NBS truck is loacted right behing the headlight, if you have an aftermarket intake cone filter in there you can take the headlight out and create a ram air effect since air gets cramed in the space around the filter.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
V6 Cruzer said:
It makes a 2/10th to 3/10th of a second difference on your 1/4 mile time.
It can make a big difference like that...ive heard many many times it does take off 2/10s of a sec in the 1/4, so i say its worth it...and i can see how it works, just like blackchrome explained...

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Holy fuck dan, your in the 14's and all u have is a god damn computer tune. Thats fucking fast, you be in the 13's with a few bolt-ons, faster then some supercharged trucks.

·
a.k.a. turbodan
3,220 Posts
LOL will, i ran a 03 lightning last night and he ran a 13.8 and a 13.6(thats all that i saw) and he couldnt beleive my truck was that fast for what i have done. oh yeah runnin 20's too

1 - 20 of 20 Posts