GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up. Just got a Black 2004 Sierra Ext. Cab. My first Truck! :rocking:
It is only the 4.8 but I definitely am on the look out for any good hop ups. I put the Line-X bedliner in a few weeks ago and I love trying to beat it to hell. Just hauled a bedfull of crushed granite over the weekend.. Line-x took the shovel beatings like a champ! I just added the AirAid intake and I'm liking that new grumble when I step on the gas. I know it's a small difference but I had to start somewhere. I'm trying to compare some good exhausts right now but I'd like to find out if anyone can recommend others to compare aside from Flowmaster and Gibson. Thanks..

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
:welcome: to GMFS

Sounds like a sweet rig you got there...now lets see some pics of this black beauty :bowtie:

Oh and sorry I'm a Flowmaster man myself, so I really don't have any other exhaust systems to recommend...just get true duals :rocking: No Y-Pipes for me!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Wassup. Congrats on the truck :rocking:

I have a 2k 4.8L and I am running a 6" long Flowmaster Delta Force (Not Delta Flow). It's a 3.5"/3.5" single chamber and i dumped it before the rear axle. Sounds like a ballzy 6.0L :rocking:

Here's a pic.....

Attachments

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
SITNLO said:

I have a 2k 4.8L and I am running a 6" long Flowmaster Delta Force (Not Delta Flow). It's a 3.5"/3.5" single chamber and i dumped it before the rear axle. Sounds like a ballzy 6.0L :rocking:

Here's a pic.....
I wonder if you and I are running the same type of flows :think: (I can't tell from the pic)

...the guy who installed mine never had a name for it (just kept referring to them as racing mufflers) so I've never known what to call it (and no one seems to have heard the term "racing flowmaster muffler").

These flows have a great sound and they are hella loud (or at least mine are)...when I started mine up for my buddies they thought I had the cats off and some engine work done...I was like nope...just a cat back dual system. If you are looking for sound I think these are the way to go...but thats just my $0.02...

You could always run just dumps off the exhaust manifolds :evillol: (of course that is illegal...)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HumanZoom said:
:welcome: to GMFS

Sounds like a sweet rig you got there...now lets see some pics of this black beauty :bowtie:

Oh and sorry I'm a Flowmaster man myself, so I really don't have any other exhaust systems to recommend...just get true duals :rocking: No Y-Pipes for me!
I wish I could do true duals, but unfortunately I live in Cali where they have these stupid emission laws and regulations that frown upon those hop ups and won't let you register the vehicle.. damn tree huggers!!!
I hope to have some pictures up after this weekend.. I finally get to wash her, she's in need of a major bath (the truck).

SITNLOW.. NICE Exhaust!! I'm definitely looking for something throaty and like what you've done with the turn down before the axle, like a hidden monster.. Did you notice any difference with your MPG (increase or decrease) if any, after you put the Flow on?

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Bluntdawg said:
I wish I could do true duals, but unfortunately I live in Cali where they have these stupid emission laws and regulations that frown upon those hop ups and won't let you register the vehicle.. damn tree huggers!!!
I hope to have some pictures up after this weekend.. I finally get to wash her, she's in need of a major bath (the truck).
Damn...really? That sucks man. I thought if you kept the cats on you wouldn't run into any emission problems, but I don't know that much about exhaust...

Don't you guys have a noise pollution law too? Exhaust can't get over a certain amount of decibels...thought i read that somewhere...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HumanZoom said:
Damn...really? That sucks man. I thought if you kept the cats on you wouldn't run into any emission problems, but I don't know that much about exhaust...

Don't you guys have a noise pollution law too? Exhaust can't get over a certain amount of decibels...thought i read that somewhere...
I don't know much about exhausts either. Mainly taking the word from a few friends.. I have to call a few places around here and make sure that the exhaust will come with a sticker that states that it is legal to run it in CA. I'm not sure about the noise pollution law.. but I mean if a Harley can be louder than shit, why can't I?

·
Registered
397 Posts
HumanZoom said:
I wonder if you and I are running the same type of flows :think: (I can't tell from the pic)

...the guy who installed mine never had a name for it (just kept referring to them as racing mufflers) so I've never known what to call it (and no one seems to have heard the term "racing flowmaster muffler").

These flows have a great sound and they are hella loud (or at least mine are)...when I started mine up for my buddies they thought I had the cats off and some engine work done...I was like nope...just a cat back dual system. If you are looking for sound I think these are the way to go...but thats just my $0.02...

You could always run just dumps off the exhaust manifolds :evillol: (of course that is illegal...)

Yeah, its what they call the "racing flowmaster"

·
OG
6,939 Posts
SITNLO said:

Here's a pic.....
hey did you steal my exaust looks alot like mine jk. Dont you just love the sound of the single chamber race flow it is meant for circle track racing but oh well it is leagal i think. I paid $40 for mine i love the sound

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Welcome to the site.

Post up some pics if you have them.

:gmfs:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts