GMC Truck Forum banner

Westin Brush Guard for Silverado, Airdam for Tahoe???

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  DaHoe4x4Ag 
#1 ·
I'm about to get a Westin brushguard for my truck, and since my airdam has been hacked due to the body lift, I'm thinking either Tahoe Z71 airdam or PIAA airdam. Will the brushguard still mount up using these or will I need a guard for a tahoe?

#6 ·
they will work either way.. the manik and westins mount through the towhook openings. i personally wouldnt waste my money on a manik. i do sell and install these at work, and have seen them in collisions. i would step up to a more heavy duty guard.

#8 ·
Josh said:
they will work either way.. the manik and westins mount through the towhook openings. i personally wouldnt waste my money on a manik. i do sell and install these at work, and have seen them in collisions. i would step up to a more heavy duty guard.
It's for pure looks and a place to mount my lights. If I get into a wreck I hope I hit whatever it is hard enough to total the bish... :anitoof:

#9 ·
Shift said:
It's for pure looks and a place to mount my lights. If I get into a wreck I hope I hit whatever it is hard enough to total the bish... :anitoof:
ranchhand makes a guard with an open center section just like a manik, but more heavy duty. its a little cheaper as well.
http://www.ranchhand.com/grillguards.htm

scroll down to the bottom, and check out the sport model.

#10 ·
i usually dont like the ones that are open, that those look pretty good, look nice and heavy duty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.