GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for a 6 inch knuckle lift, what lift manufactures make them? and best place to buy?

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
I know most 6" knuckle kits only drop the diff 4.5" so you get bad angles.

edit - fabtech might drop the differential all the way.

edit2 - it doesn't http://www.gmfullsize.com/tech/NBSlifts.html

Unlesss you don't care

·
Registered
451 Posts
If you lookign for a 6"+ Go with Cognito 7"-9" kit. Set at 7" has perfect angles.... even at 9" has good angles they drop the diff all the way... Best Knuckle Lift kit I think. If My duramax still had IFS setup If have a 10" Cognito, but Solid axle swap was better :)

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
I liked the pro comp 5" I had on my 99 nbs :shrug:

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
as said...cognito. all the other kits like fabtech that are knuckle lifts wont drop the diff a full 6" usually around 4.5" but will have 6" drop knuckles which give you an angled cv. which really isnt a problem but you can never get more than 6" out of the kit. cognito on the other hand drops the diff the full amount which gives you flat cvs and the option to go larger hinse 7-9"

·
Registered
451 Posts
as said...cognito. all the other kits like fabtech that are knuckle lifts wont drop the diff a full 6" usually around 4.5" but will have 6" drop knuckles which give you an angled cv. which really isnt a problem but you can never get more than 6" out of the kit. cognito on the other hand drops the diff the full amount which gives you flat cvs and the option to go larger hinse 7-9"
:shake:

·
Where's the van?!?!?!
636 Posts
IMO, the Superlift FIT kit is by far the best 6" knuckle kit for those trucks. The diff is dropped close to 5" but the control arms and steering are all at perfect angles set at 6". The lower skid plate that connects the front & rear cross members is incredibly strong and provides tons of protection (one of my personal selling points). Not to mention you can control the ride "quality" with their compression stop shims. Tires also only get pushed out about an inch on each side.

....with that said, if you want more than 6" out of a knuckle lift... then Cognito is the only way to go

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I hated my Superlift FIT. In reality it dropped the differential about 4.5". My rear sat at 47" and front at 42 1/2. Then I got Ford keys and cranked to 44. Now I had terrible CV angles, rode like crap in front. I would not install it on my tuck again if it was free. Cognito is what I should have bought but I could not afford a 4000 lift at the time.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Does that drop it the full 6 inches?

I love my cognito, it fit perfect, instal was a breeze, havent had a problem yet, and the customer service was really good too. The only thing I didnt like was the price tag but I wanted the best or close to it so you get what you pay for in most cases.

didnt you have the 12 and 15in FTS kits on your truck, what happened with that?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

I love my cognito, it fit perfect, instal was a breeze, havent had a problem yet, and the customer service was really good too. The only thing I didnt like was the price tag but I wanted the best or close to it so you get what you pay for in most cases.

didnt you have the 12 and 15in FTS kits on your truck, what happened with that?
yeah i did have the 12" & 15" fts kits, but they were just too big. lol

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
It drops it similar to Fabtech, Sky, and most other brands, but as long as the torsion bars are not turned up, you shouldn't have CV shaft issues.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts