GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was in the rain (heavy rain) Tach was sitting at 7500 as we hear a big bang then lots of smoke. 2am in the morning. Found the damage the next morning.

JasonsPhone022.jpg

JasonsPhone021.jpg

JasonsPhone020.jpg

JasonsPhone019.jpg

JasonsPhone018.jpg

JasonsPhone017.jpg

JasonsPhone016.jpg

JasonsPhone014.jpg

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
i can see. and uh....... ive heard of people blowin trannys, but thats just wacko :insane:

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
WTF where you doing

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Revving a big block to 7500?

·
Registered
807 Posts
i dont think i have ever seen someone fuck up a tranny that bad before. what trans is that an 80e? what motor did that to it? and what vehicle?

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
Th400? Ive seen a few TH400's shit them selves hyst like that.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i dont think i have ever seen someone fuck up a tranny that bad before. what trans is that an 80e? what motor did that to it? and what vehicle?
It was a Turbo 350 trans. Motor is a 427 with like $7000-$8000 into it. The truck is a 62 Chevy. We where doing burn outs in the rain. He took the RPM up to 6000 and he was bragging about it. So I simply said that it was good but the motor goes to like 7500 right? Well he took it there once and then he wanted to do one more. And yes this bitch will go to 7500RPM

·
this
1,584 Posts
It was a Turbo 350 trans. Motor is a 427 with like $7000-$8000 into it.
Unless that is a 454 with the deck plained..why would you put that kind of money into the shittiest BBC GM ever made?

..and it doesnt really take alot of power to do that to a T350. I have one sitting in the woods that is split like that from a hard landing.

VERY nice truck btw!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well IDK its not my truck. Its my buddy's. It does have 454 Valve covers but he insists that its a 427. Next time he pulls the valve covers off I will get some pictures of the valve train its sick.

·
Cartmans Critters
8,867 Posts
damn Jason that sucks, so whats his plans now?

Oh btw did you see I called you on saturday I think it was? Went riding this weekend, didnt do any hellacious jumps but I can do mad donuts like nothing and control the fucker on a slide. Im ready for more power :evil:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts