GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok right now I have one Rockford HE2 10" powered by a Rockford Fosgate Punch 201S. I want to add another HE2 10" sub and power them both by a Rockford Fosgate Punch 801S. The 10"'s power range are 100-400 watts RMS (200 watts per voice coil) and have a peak power of 800 watts. How much should be put to these subs? Is this amp too big or big enough? Also can I take my old amp the RF 201S and power some Rockford Components with it?

·
Registered
832 Posts
that amp should run them just fine. Make sure you have the gain adjusted properly alot of ppl blow out subs that way and think they need subs that can handle more power. As for the 201S I have no idea whehter it is a mon amp or not...if it isnt a mono amp then you should be able to.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's the spec on the 201S:
50 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
100 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
200 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms
stereo or bridged mono output
4-ohm stable in bridged mode
Tri-Way capable
requires 10-gauge power and ground leads
120 Hz high-pass, 80 Hz low-pass crossovers (12 dB/octave)
MOSFET power supply and output devices
MEHSA mounting technology increases the heat transfer from the MOSFET output devices to the heat sink, for higher power output, lower operating temperatures, and greater reliability
TOPAZ — noise-killing differential inputs that eliminate 80% of ground loop noise
Trans•ana circuitry keeps preamp voltages low and signal paths simple for outstanding audio quality
NOMAD — advanced protection circuitry for "intelligent" shutdown protection
selectable Punch Bass (0/6/12 dB boost at 45 Hz)
speaker- and preamp-level inputs
10-1/8"W x 2-7/16"H x 9-7/8"D

·
Registered
832 Posts
what ohm are the mids and highs? You dont want to do mono bridged for the obvious reason..its only one channel! so your best bet and to get the most power is to set it up for 2 ohms stereo. Most mids and highs really dont require or cant RMS 100 watts unless you get into high dollar suff. What compnents did you have in mind?

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
most components i've seen are 4 ohm. All 3 sets of bostons i have and Mb quartz i have are 4 ohm. You should be fine using them. But you might actually blow out a set of speakers with that amp. My friend fried a set of boston Rally's (i know there cheap, but they are rated at 250RMS) with a lil 4X75 @ 2ohm alpine.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eisenfaust said:
what ohm are the mids and highs? You dont want to do mono bridged for the obvious reason..its only one channel! so your best bet and to get the most power is to set it up for 2 ohms stereo. Most mids and highs really dont require or cant RMS 100 watts unless you get into high dollar suff. What compnents did you have in mind?
No they are not the high dollar ones. They will hold 50 Watts I think.
This is them:

Specs:
mica-filled poly cone
3/4" mylar dome tweeter can be flush-, surface-, or wedge-mounted (tweeter swivels in flush or surface mount)
in-line high-pass crossover at 6,300 Hz, 18 dB/octave
frequency response 55-20,000 Hz
power range 8-50 watts RMS
sensitivity 89.05 dB
top mount depth 2-1/2"

·
Registered
832 Posts
As long as you have a decent x-over and set it right you shouldnt blow em. Low frequency bass is a component killer when not set up properly.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah that is a big amp for those I know. But since I wasn't going to use it anymore I thought I could just use it for the Mids and highs.
These are the ones I really need. They'll hold 100 Watts:

6-3/4" aluminum woofer with TPR surround and aluminum phase plug
cast-aluminum woofer basket
1" aluminum dome tweeter with TPR surround
2-way crossovers (3,200 Hz at 12 dB/octave low-pass; 24 dB/octave high-pass)
frequency response 40-24,000 Hz
power range 8-100 watts RMS
peak power handling 200 watts
sensitivity 91 dB
woofer top-mount depth 2-9/16"

·
Registered
832 Posts
The ones you bought aint bad. they will sound good especially with an amp. If the amp has a built in x-over then set it kinda high say around 70-80 hrtz. You may lose some midbass but you wont really notice.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool man thanks for help and info! I'll have em in soon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts