GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What all is involved in a 14 bolt swap on an OBS Tahoe?
Axle will be a 2000 8lug 14bSF w/ discs 4.56s and g80.

Also, how will i go about setting up the discs, consdering my Tahoe has drums from the factory?

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
awwww shiat. Not real sure about the new ones. You want to convery to 6 lug or no? First of all you will need a conversion u-joint, 1310 on one side and 1350 on the other (I think, double check). Second make sure the perches line up, if not you will have to move them. As far as the brakes should just need some adapters on the end of the lines or something. If you want to swap to 6 lug then I would just recomend running a spacer, I dont know any other way with a SF.

·
Banned
487 Posts
leaf spring packs should work.....i'v heard that all GM 4x4 vehicles have the same leaf spring width in full size vehicles... all of mien have lined up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
darketernal....they make spacers that change the lug pattern? Is this going to make my back tires stick out a significant amount?
How does the width of an OBS axle compare to the width of a NBS axle?

·
6,656 Posts
nbs and obs axles are teh same width as far as I know, and yes they make spacers. They each add almost 2.5" so thats a total of 5" (alot) but is a cheap and easy option.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
5 inches would look REALLY funky IMO. Danez71 has a set on the front of his truck and he said they added 1 inch per side, granted his keep the same lug pattern

·
6,656 Posts
Yeah the ones that swap lug patterns have to add that much to fit over the old studs.

·
Registered
162 Posts
on most chevy's the rear axle is narrower to begin with. 5" is still quite a bit. Wouldn't be a big deal if you put some 1.5" in front though lol... that's a lot of spacing. Just run some 8 lugs in the rear...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts