GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am upgrading my speakers soon. I'm a simple man, don't want want component speakers, just want the best 6.5 speakers i can find for my 96 yukon. I saw some focals that had 70 rms watts, just worried about if they would even fit in my doors... I don't know much about audio setups but isn't it better to have higher rms? Just want good mids and highs, i will be adding 2 12" subs later... oh yeah, and it doesn't matter how much they cost but i just don't want to deal with components right now cuz I think it would cosu too much and i should be able to get something adequate where i can just swap them out, also dont wanna deal with installing components...

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
get the Focals, just make sure they fit

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
where can I find out about what depth will fit. i miss the days crutchfield would have all the numbers like that layed out in a chart in the middle of the catalog. I know I need 6.5" but just need to make sure about the depth

·
EscaWHAT?
1,318 Posts
After owning a few sets of components, I wont waste my money, even on bad ass coaxials. I'd rather have a cheap set of components over expensive coaxials.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
put spacers if they dont mount like the stock ones.

·
professional smartass
5,589 Posts
I didnt mod my doors. I got the 2 tweeters, the midbass, and the crossovers in my doors. Check my car domain for pics.
i didnt mod mine on the old truck either just had to make a little twetter mount out of plastic to bolt into factory opening

other than that had to drill 4 holes in the metal for mounting the speaker which you will have to do with any speaker

1 - 10 of 10 Posts