GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the belltech 2/3 lowering kit that they sell on summit. Whatb the hell are thise straps that look like seat belts!

bel-136_w.gif

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
They are limiting straps. I'm going to use some on my truck so that when i put it on a lift the straps hold the weight of the axle and not the bags and shocks.

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
im guessin for the front since ur using lowering keys, for instance when I lift my front off the ground the keys are free to move and that could cause problems if you put it down and they have moved. but that wont be much longer anyway :evil: for me anyway.

·
Registered
246 Posts
i have a 05 yukon and its lowered 2/3. the straps are for the rear so when you lift it on a lift or something, the shocks are what limit the rear ends travel stock, so when you put a shorter spring in and lift it on a lift the spring could just fall out if the travel is not limited with the straps, hope this makes since to you

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have a 05 yukon and its lowered 2/3. the straps are for the rear so when you lift it on a lift or something, the shocks are what limit the rear ends travel stock, so when you put a shorter spring in and lift it on a lift the spring could just fall out if the travel is not limited with the straps, hope this makes since to you

Alright thank you!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts