GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I am VERY new to the rim game and was wondering in your opinion what are some of the best models and brands of wheels? Thanks, Michael.

·
Registered
711 Posts
i like Boyd Coddington...mine are Renegades, but i'd go with anything billet. (boyd coddington, intro, billet specialties, budnik,...)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry for my newbish question, but, are most rims of comprable quality? or are their certain brands that are better than others? Thanks, Michael.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
chrome... usually is crap. No offence to anyone with chrome rims, but mass produced anything usually sucks. Better chrome rim brands however are giovanna, lexani, davin, MOMO, lorensinger, lorenzo, lowehart, oasis and such. I'm too lazy to actually think of all the chrome rim companies that are good. YOu get what you pay for... 1000 dollar crhome 20s will look exactly like that. a nice set of rims will cost much more, and will last longer. Oasis i believe has a 3 year warranty on their chrome. My old chrome 20s look like shit now, and they've been drive around on for about 2 years.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
Intro wheels... mine are the rockmans :D
Intros are nice until you hit a giant pothole :crazy:

I like all the billet wheel companies...bonspeed and billet specialties are some of my favorites though :head:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What do you guys think about giovanna anzios on a RCSB silverado? I have always loved those rims

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Y2KSierra said:
Intros are nice until you hit a giant pothole :crazy:

I like all the billet wheel companies...bonspeed and billet specialties are some of my favorites though :head:
you can fix that... i believe.. lol i don't know if you can, but teh nice thing about billet rims, is if you fuck em up like i sometimes do, you can get it polished or rehooped:D

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2k1slvrdo said:
you can fix that... i believe.. lol i don't know if you can, but teh nice thing about billet rims, is if you fuck em up like i sometimes do, you can get it polished or rehooped:D
whoa...that;s scary :bawl:

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
I have Boyd Coddington Renegades :D :rocking: :head: but other brands are Billet Specialties, Budnik, Intro and nice thing is they all tuck :worship:

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
slimm44 said:
i love the anzios. i think theyd look good on a RCSB.
:word: they're nice but I think they're a little played out IMO. I know superbuytires.com has a lot of different rims to choose from. Might wanna look on there to see how many options you have.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
my favorite rims are the Intro Vista's. Hopefully sometime this winter i'll be able to scrape together enough to get me a set. My truck is begging me for them.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I'm a big fan of the 16" GM base model rims with the Maxxis 753 tires on them, they're really easy to put tires on.... :D

Other than that I like the Intro Pentia's, they're snazzy. :D

·
Registered
546 Posts
nope those 22 inch twisted vistas belong to a friend of mine he sent them back thought they could re hoop but he hadda buy a new one

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't really like the twisted style...I really think the bazo b24's look great on the guy truck on here....love those rims too

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Intro
Oldie(my new wheels)
Rockman
Smoothie
Hammer
Pentia
Twisted Vista
GT Sport
radicalie

Budnik
Mercury(my old wheels)
Cobalt
prism
Scissor(Almost bought them instead of the Mercuries)
Ozone(not sure if I'd run them though)
Famosa

Billet Specialties and Colorado Customs, Boze, and Bonspeed have a few styles that are nice,I just can't rember the names off the top of my head.

I'm not a big Coddington fan. He's real big on cranking out a real high volume of wheels, and some quality is sacrificed. I do however really like the Timeless IIs. Verry nice clean simple design.

Centerline has some nice wheels too. I'm not muh into chrome, but Welds Evo line is cool, and has a 5 year warenty on the chrome.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts