GMC Truck Forum banner

Which Battery do you use?

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to do a poll to see witch battery you guys all prefer to run your truck and all the accessories you have? Which one has worked the best in cold and hot weather? I work outside sales for a Battery Company called Battery Systems and just wanted to get an idea from all you guys whats been working the best for you?

·
GMC Owner
2,634 Posts
We use Interstate batteries in all our trucks and cars in my family. They last a long time and they easily take a jump start when they're low and recharge quickly. They also hold they're power pretty well in cold weather.

·
haz 12"s!
4,531 Posts
Ive had my yellow top Optima for about 10 years now. Still going strong. Some say in the recent few years their quality has gone down hill though. I may be looking to replace mine here soon.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Been running a red top for about 6 years, but I'm on the 4th one....thank you warranty. Tried to jump it the other day tho after it died for no reason and can't get it to charge over 6 volts.

·
Registered
99 Posts
optimas are good batteries for running tons of accessories (or custom applications), but in a virtually stock application, they are overpriced IMO. i've switched between interstate and napa batteries over the years and i've had good luck.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
My car is running an Interstate since the guy I bought the car from is an Interstate dealer. Works good for me :shrug:

·
Multiple GMFS owner
2,098 Posts
Interstate MT-78 put it in in December and started my stuck all winter just fine.

·
HighTek *******
806 Posts
optima yellow top

1000 watt amp and way to many lights up front. Lights dim a bit when the bass pounds! :biggun:

·
Registered
6,835 Posts
I'm running a yellow top with over 1k watts in my stereo system. I can blast my radio for hours with the truck off and it will start without even hesitating.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Optima yellow top after I killed a red top. It has come back to life from pretty much completely dead a few times (thank god it's a deep cycle). But if this one goes on me I will be switching to a Kinetik, heard they last longer than the optimas.

Oh and to answer the accesories question: I have an 800W amp and an off brand 1200W amp, helper spring with on board air compressor, an alarm, shaved doors with sensors that pop the door when you touch the rear side windows... think that's it

1 - 20 of 52 Posts