GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figure I should swap out the pads for some new ones when I install my 14" EradiSpeed Rotors. What Brake Pads should I get for my EradiSpeeds?

I was thinking The Reybestos Performance Metallics since I can get them here locally.

Anybody have any suggestions???

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Any suggestions in the manual for the rotors?

Other than that...as far as I'm concerned a brake pad is a brake pad. Raybestos does make good pads though, I have the carquest ones on my truck, which are made by Raybestos.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No suggestions is the manual for pads.... although they do have the lifetime warranty against warping... that's just about it

·
Registered
142 Posts
Baer recommended the stock pads. I tried a set of Napa Premiums with my Eradispeeds when I first put them on but ended up buying factory ($) pads front and rear. They do have a better bite to them and are quiet.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I've been very pleased wih the carquest pads, no squreaking or anything, and they brake very nicely. I don't put my brakes through any toriture though, aside from going down mountains.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GKR said:
Baer recommended the stock pads. I tried a set of Napa Premiums with my Eradispeeds when I first put them on but ended up buying factory ($) pads front and rear. They do have a better bite to them and are quiet.
That's what I was wondering. I figured I'd just install new pads when I installed the new rotors to kill two birds with one stone. I have no Idea how much life is left on my brake pads since I bought the truck used from a dealership.

I might just take it apart first and see.. who knows

1 - 6 of 6 Posts