GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
FEARS NO POTHOLE
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fabtech coils are starting to sag out so i'm gonna get some new ones. i'd rather not run fabtech coils again and i'm leaning toward eibachs. i ran eibach coils on my last 2 trucks but they where V6's and don't know if eibachs are the best choice. you guys have any feedback on eibachs or any other brands.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
I've heard of CST springs sagging.
I would go with eibach coils. All of the top shock companies use eibach springs for their coil overs

·
FEARS NO POTHOLE
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
klemmentine said:
I would go with eibach coils. All of the top shock companies use eibach springs for their coil overs
see that what i was thinking....i'll prolly end up going with eibach

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Any spring will sag over time. Torsion bars, coil springs, coil overs, leaf springs... they all sag.

Eibach springs are commonly used with kings, sway-a-ways, doetch-tech, and fox shocks. They are great quality. Look at your fabtech coils... notice how the tips of the coils just stop without tapering off? In otherwords.. the top and bottom of the coil end without getting smaller. Eibach coils custom make their coils to fit in the pocket better and the ends of the coils are rolled in to evenly space the pressure as the suspension cycles through its travel.

CST is a very good suspension company also. I have never heard of their silverado springs sagging more than an inch, which is normal wear. Their dodge ram coils have been known to sag a lot though. 2-3" even with less than a year of driving on them.

If you need a quick fix for sagging, why not add a small 1" spacer to your spring. (the ride will suck though)

You could always drop the back an inch to level it out with the front. If you have 4" lift blocks, swap them out for some 2 or 3" blocks. Blocks are inexpensive, and you can buy some new u-bolts while you're at it.

I'm not trying to tell you which way to go.. I'm just giving you some options. If money isn't an issue, I think you'd be impressed with some new eibach springs.

·
FEARS NO POTHOLE
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
klemmentine said:
If you need a quick fix for sagging, why not add a small 1" spacer to your spring. (the ride will suck though)

You could always drop the back an inch to level it out with the front. If you have 4" lift blocks, swap them out for some 2 or 3" blocks. Blocks are inexpensive, and you can buy some new u-bolts while you're at it.
i know all coils sag, they also have different ride qualities. i've run eibachs on my 91 explorer and my 94 ranger and they performed well in both out in the desert. not really a fan of spacers and coils aren't really that expensive. dropping the rear isn't really an option cuz it doesn't really fix the problem. i've had fabtech, pro comp, and eibach coils and so far the one i like most is the eibachs.

·
FEARS NO POTHOLE
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jeff said:
you cant go wrong with eibach or cst. but are you sure eibach makes 3 inch lift coils?
that, i'm not sure of. i'm gonna call solomotorsports tom and see what they can do for me.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I ran my cst coils on my truck with no shocks in front and it rode like a dream. Rode just as good as stock if not better. Now it never seen the dirt so i cant say i wouldnt bounce around offroad but on road I had no bouncing effect or anything. So I highly recomend the CST coils for their great ride quality...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts