GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i was in a reck the other day and i got a check from the insurance company and i decided i was going to get my truck painted. Im not sure what color i should paint it, matte black, gloss black or keep it the same color. here is a pic let me know what you think. Thanks Matt Adams
000_0001.jpg

·
Registered
143 Posts
That is a nice original color. If it was mine, I would two-tone it with black on top and a thin line of big metallic flake silver or some other bright color to break up the two colors. Paint the top bumper cover and remove side mouldings and debadge.That's just my opinion.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Pearl white :head:

I think that color already looks really good :imo

·
The Barber Shop
3,110 Posts
What about a really dark metallic red, or a blue. Or a copper or burnt orange color?

·
deel'n wif it
581 Posts
same color as stock:read: but when they put the new bed on have them shave the stake pockets and color match your plastic pieces on the bumpers

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I like the stock color..but that corvette blue RickP posted is kickass too!

·
35's > MPG
460 Posts
i might be off on this, but the last car show i was at had the new fancy vette that's supercharged and everyting...and they explained that the paint is somewhere in the neighborhood of $8,000/quart. The color looked amazing, but at a certain point i think enough is enough.

·
I like 'em white
2,749 Posts
Damn thats alot for paint. I just saw it in the paint thread a little ways down and fell in love with it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
ok i was in a reck the other day and i got a check from the insurance company and i decided i was going to get my truck painted. Im not sure what color i should paint it, matte black, gloss black or keep it the same color. here is a pic let me know what you think. Thanks Matt Adams
000_0001.jpg
whats up Matt, this is stephen yarbro, paint it back to pewter and have them colormatch everything or the blue on the silverado SS? i think its called space blue or something? any color it will look good

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey stephen, im taking it to matthew tucker saturday. he is painting everything back the same color, shaving the gate, and putting a roll pan on it for me. you need to go to the drag strip with shannon some time we have been havin a good time down there.

·
Registered
36 Posts
hey stephen, im taking it to matthew tucker saturday. he is painting everything back the same color, shaving the gate, and putting a roll pan on it for me. you need to go to the drag strip with shannon some time we have been havin a good time down there.
Kool, it will look good when its done, i hear Matthew is good, i'll get down there one night even though i don't have anything to run lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts