GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking online at a new 07 duramax and am stuck between the blue or black. I had my mind made up black but like my coworker said black will be really common. If I went with the dark blue and fixed it up there is less of a chance you will see another one just like it. I see exactly where he is coming from. What does everyone think is the best color on the brand new trucks?

Thanks
Mark

9,803 Posts
dark blue without a doubt. I think that a dark blue lifted DMAX would be SICK.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I'd go with black.. I have a dark blue truck, it looks good, but it wouldn't have been my first choice if I was buying it new.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Believe me, the dark blue trucks will stay clean for about 1 hour after you give them a bath just like the black trucks.. Any dark colored truck is going to show dirt.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya but I really like a dark color when it's clean. Especially black when the tires are shining and the windows are blacked out!

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I completely agree with you Mark.. mbpsychoSS just said up there that the black doesn't stay clean. And I said neither of them do.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They both still look really good, even a lil dirty!

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
Im partial to Black, cant you tell?

I dont think you'd be wrong getting blue, I just think the black is tougher looking...

I dont think keeping them clean is really an issue with you. You have a tendency to always keep your rides very clean, so that is obviously not a problem....

·
Registered
706 Posts
most deffinitly blue. I agree that black looks great for that oh so short time it is clean, but after having a black truck (ranger..if i dare call that a truck now) I dont think I will have another black one.

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
Do black all the way. Your last 2 trucks have been amazing, and this one will be a little different with it being a nnbs.

·
Formerly whitetrash
1,630 Posts
if you like black that much, do black :imo
with my Dodge, I was torn between the black, the dark blue, and the dark inferno red color. I went with black because i've had black before, i know it's a pain to keep clean, etc... but it is the nicest color when clean IMO. Especially with big chrome wheels. I'd get tired of red or blue truck, but black never goes out of style. And there will be less colormatching if you get black (handles, mirrors, etc...)

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I plan on lifting it, dunno how far yet but really want to do a 12" again. I know I shouldnt cause it makes it kinda impractical to get around in but I loved my last truck. If GMC offered a dark grey I would be all over it. My last charcol truck was awesome. I looked at a 2007.5 gmc black on black this weekend with all the options I wanted..50,000 was the sticker. Now if I can get a damn sales manager to return my phone calls I will be in business...

They said at least 2,000 off.. Ya Fu%^ that! My last truck was stickered 50,000 and I got it for 40,000 they took 10,000 off!
Hope they will do that again!

Mark

·
HABS SUCK!!
1,833 Posts
I think black would look awesome

1 - 20 of 21 Posts