Votes: 15 93.8%
  • Black

Votes: 1 6.3%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im having a hard time with the color I want to paint my 89. Either black or this blue. I like both colors so what do you think?

The truck as it sits now with the $50 paint job read about all over the web. Looked good for a week. :rolleyes:

Picture017-1.jpg

·
In memoriam...
3,860 Posts
Colors look much better. No offense to all y'all folk rolling around in black rides, so please no flames, but I just don't like 'em. And this is coming from someone with (one-time only :D ) experience with a black vehicle.

And, as everybody knows, black is the worst choice for showing dirt/scratches/wear. And if the body/prep work is not 110%, black will magnify it, and make even new paint look shoddy.

That bloo looks nice.

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Colors look much better. No offense to all y'all folk rolling around in black rides, so please no flames, but I just don't like 'em. And this is coming from someone with (one-time only :D ) experience with a black vehicle.

And, as everybody knows, black is the worst choice for showing dirt/scratches/wear. And if the body/prep work is not 110%, black will magnify it, and make even new paint look shoddy.

That bloo looks nice.
Show truck/dont give a fuck about how hard it is to keep clean.

As far as prep the whole truck is being sanded by hand, by me. I did the hood today, started with 100 grit wet and then moved to 320 wet. :insane:

·
In memoriam...
3,860 Posts
Speaking of two-tone, here's a (poorly done) chop a buddy and I did on another forum of a blue-grey mild custom. We thought the combo looked pretty good.
trucksidelz44greybluea.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts