GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im re-doing my whole stereo and most of the interior, need some opinions on what components for the front doors sound the best in my fiberglassed pods. I currently run Polk Audio Momo's cause thats what I bought them with installed. I can get the hookup on Kicker, Arc Audio and Memphis. I will get all the higher line stuff. My amp is a Arc Audio Foose 4150 with 80x4 @ 4 ohms and a 1100 watt Arc for my 3-12's in the center console. :biggrin::worship:

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
what model polks?
i may be interested if youre selling.

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lets say the budget is $300 ish....for components and rear 4x6. I can get memphis M Class for $245 for the set. What else is out there around that price?

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
From those choices, I really like the Memphis. In that price range, also look to the Pioneer D-series (TS-D1720C) at $220 retail.

My vote? Ditch the rears, run a 5.25" set in your kicks and midbass in your doors for a 3 way.

:rocking:

·
Registered
74 Posts
For 300 there are alot of places you can buy top quality stuff on line, PM me if you need some sites

·
Pebble Pushers
3,028 Posts
From those choices, I really like the Memphis. In that price range, also look to the Pioneer D-series (TS-D1720C) at $220 retail.

My vote? Ditch the rears, run a 5.25" set in your kicks and midbass in your doors for a 3 way.

side question: does anybody make a good 3 way component set anymore? havn't seen any in awhile

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
side question: does anybody make a good 3 way component set anymore? havn't seen any in awhile
Yes and no.

I absolutely love 3-ways, I don't know if I can ever go back. You can purchase one, but I've realized after running them what potential a 3-way has. The best way is to always piece what you want together.

EDIT: I say this as I have been undecided on my own 3-way drivers daily for over 2 months.

·
GMFS Member
1,034 Posts
not for his $300 price range. focal, HAT, dyn, morel, DLS.... there's still good 3 way sets if someone has the pocket for them.
:word:

EDIT: for your price range i would go with Memphis M Class components if you can hear the words over 145-150dbs its got to be bad ass....and i can vouch for that! I had them in my Monte Carlo for comp and my Escape and they fucking screamed in both. (Yeah i know i had an escape yes... only for competition though, mojos baby)!

·
Registered
74 Posts
for 300 he can get boston acoustic pro 60's from onlinecarstereo. Those are way better than the 3 mentioned, he can get JL C5's, he can get MB quart, Kicker mids and Highs are not that good. I had the Kicker RS and disliked them, my JL XR's were much better. You can do the alpine tyoe x's, not sure how they sound or infiinty perfects, diamond D600, so many choices in that price range.

MOJO subs hit hard as hell though,

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm on board with CDTs. I have the low end one's and they sound better than speakers 2-3x the price. When these one's go I'm getting the upgraded versions for sure.

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Already got fiberglass speaker pods and crossovers are being 'glassed into the kicks :biggrin::tongue: think I might just go with memphis cause if anything ever happens I can get em warrantied and switched out no problemo!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts