GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
if you are gettin 14 mpg with a TBI motor, 4l80e, and shitty gearing, you shouldn't be complaining. My truck with a tbi 350, 4l60, and any of my tire/gearing set ups could never get over 13 mpg on the highway, 10ish city.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
TBI isn't efficient, be happy with what ya got.

·
I CANT SPELL GET OVER IT
1,705 Posts
if you are gettin 14 mpg with a TBI motor, 4l80e, and shitty gearing, you shouldn't be complaining. My truck with a tbi 350, 4l60, and any of my tire/gearing set ups could never get over 13 mpg on the highway, 10ish city.
ditto mine is getting 8-10

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh well ok then. I was used to getting 22mpg in my 99 model.
Will a jacobs ignition, bored out/rebuilt throttle body, and new injectors get me better mpg?

·
GMFS Sr. Canadian Member
4,519 Posts
if your injectors are shit maybe get some new ones? my pops got some new ones in his 88 back in the day probably around 2003 and he said it was like getting a new motor (from originals)

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well the timing is correct on it I know that cause I set it myself. I just want to get decent mpg cause I plan on using this as a show worthy weekend driver and for towing my boat.

I just bought a Jacobs ignition that's almost new for just $70 shipped. :)

I don't know if a bored tb will give me more hp really or not, they say it will, but I dunno how much exactly. If it's not much then I'll just rebuild mine.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts