GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
GMFS MoPar/Air Force Crew
5,457 Posts
Dude, stop driving right now!! Your tires should be made of rubber and have air in them! Driving on a letter and a slash cannot be good :eek:

·
PSE Archery Pro
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dude, stop driving right now!! Your tires should be made of rubber and have air in them! Driving on a letter and a slash cannot be good :eek:
LOL...No shit....just dropped it off at the tire shop and they were like, "Dude, whats up with your tire?" The driver side is definitly more / than it has ever been....

G

·
I'd guess a bad balljoint before anything. It could be possible that you simply knocked it out of alignment as well.

·
PSE Archery Pro
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope it is just an allignment...we did the brake rotors last night....they are going to allign it after the tires (265's thanks to a TRUCK HATING, KITCHEN WANTING, FUN SUCKING WIFE....).........

On a side note - Denaliano was soooo right - Power Slot rotors and Hawk pads are THE SHITS! Braking has never been so enjoyable!

·
PSE Archery Pro
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fuck me..........shop called...tires are mouinted on the new rims, but they will not put them on the truck till I get the front end checked out....says I need some front end work...needs at least a new idler arm (?)....they will know more tommorow...have to bring it back....fucking sucks...

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,667 Posts
a worn idler arm won't cause your tire to lean out like that, tell them to stop being pussies

more than likely an upper ball joint, uppers have side to side movement and lowers have up and down

G

·
Idler and pitman arm replacement COULD be needed. Most of the OBS rigs have that issue as they age. It is impossible for that to cause your tires to be misaligned. I think it could be either balljoint. Replace them all if one is bad.

·
PSE Archery Pro
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, they have to look into it more tommorow...they were closing tonight...

NO matter what - it's gonna be big bucks....may have to sell a bow..

On the plus side, the new rims and tires look pretty good...sitting in the shop.

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,667 Posts
Yeah, they have to look into it more tommorow...they were closing tonight...

NO matter what - it's gonna be big bucks....
doesn't have to be, I'm trying to remember, but if the uppers have been replaced before, they may be bolt-in replacements, so technically, the hardest part is separating the joint from the spindle and technically also, you don't have to align it after doing uppers as long as you don't move the cam bolts on the upper control arm

·
PSE Archery Pro
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pics of what? The tire leaning?

I can get some in a bit...

It is not as bad as it looked in the shop's lot, but still noticable.

·
For Offroad Use Only
285 Posts

·
Semper Fi
154 Posts
That's all there is. The I \ is the poor man's version of a picture.

Translation: I = front passenger wheel. \ = front drivers wheel.

:D

·
PSE Archery Pro
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh.yeah...my bad....The I is the passenger tire, straight up and down....the / is the driver tire.

Or in a SAS; I---0---/

1 - 20 of 21 Posts