GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to buy a gmc Sierra and do a crazy lift like in this picture. not looking to spend big money but it must be safe. axles will be replaced and all but im just concerned about a "frame box lift" what do you think i would need to do? what about a 12" frame drop and 4" hangers. It must clear 46s and maybe throw some 4" lift blocks for 49s.

Guys please don't hate and talk trash

Attachments

·
Registered
876 Posts
Lol good luck.

Go join trucksgonewild.com

·
Yake is a Fgt
3,582 Posts
If you want a lift like that truck in the pic, might as well throw driving it on the road out the window.

·
i like interco
3,269 Posts
If you want a lift like that truck in the pic, might as well throw driving it on the road out the window.
Surprisingly, it can be done. Now that pic just from what I can see appears to be somewhat hack.

OP you don't realize what something like that will cost, skills needed, or equipment needed to do it. I advise you read up on straight axle swaps.

Side note. Here's a street truck on 46's with something like 18" inches of lift four linked on a 79 d60. Truck has since been flipped, But a good friend of mine owned it.

62599_10201312339233918_1612344269_n_zps38c269c9.jpg

·
Yake is a Fgt
3,582 Posts
I could see that truck being street driven. Big $$$ dropped into it from what I can tell.

Truck in OP's post, not so much lol Looks like mud truck to me

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Big, safe street truck= really big money

Why do you need such a large vehicle? Have you considered what axles you want to run that can handle the heavy ass tires you say you want? What transfer case have you thought about utilizing to handle the height you say you want? Are you going to upgrade the brakes at all to stop all this weight? Are you sure you know how you want to lift it, ie. frame drop, hangers and blocks (hack attack)? Why don't you consider coil springs, single triangulated four link front and rear, some tune-able shock absorbers, a deep subframe so the links are flat? What are you going to do for steering?

Have you thought of any of this? Have you done any research on your own? Are you 17 years old or something? You sound like you are just a young kid with no money and just want "the biggest truck in the county".

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have thought about everything that must be done. 14 bolt rear end and a dana 60 in the front. That was the only picture i could find of a frame drop, i Do Not want nothing that big.

·
4,725 Posts
Surprisingly, it can be done. Now that pic just from what I can see appears to be somewhat hack.

OP you don't realize what something like that will cost, skills needed, or equipment needed to do it. I advise you read up on straight axle swaps.

Side note. Here's a street truck on 46's with something like 18" inches of lift four linked on a 79 d60. Truck has since been flipped, But a good friend of mine owned it.

62599_10201312339233918_1612344269_n_zps38c269c9.jpg
Holy giant blocks batman

·
4,725 Posts
OP doesnt want hate or trash talk.... So i think the truck looks so awesome,safe, practical, and cheap to unfuck that haggard pile of shit death trap cencal mentality fail train.

·
Registered
9,791 Posts
another stupid moron.

·
Greg
43 Posts
I have thought about everything that must be done. 14 bolt rear end and a dana 60 in the front. That was the only picture i could find of a frame drop, i Do Not want nothing that big.

I really dont think you know whats involved.. you have to get geometry right, like spring angles, caster, drive shaft angles, shackle angles.. If its anything on a 99 and up, your looking at fabrication. and ungodly spring height and arch kills your back and everything attached to it.

youll probably have to swap transfer cases, and even then angles will suck. most of the time you cant just clock a transfer case .. this changes the shifter location and the way the transfer case can lubricate..youll need gear changes and other upgrades to handle that tire.

this is my ride..with 9" of lift ( it equals 16" actual inches of actual lift)....Geometry and figuring things out still..its not enough just to say your going to do it, like everything just bolts in...it doesnt

2014050695155746_zps6019342d.gif

·
i like interco
3,269 Posts
Deng, thats rough. Looks like a lot of work went into it.
I only rode in it once before he rolled it. We became friends after that. It hadnt been built long so he was still working on fine tuning and getting other things buttoned up.

Holy giant blocks batman
Yea it appears so. I dont remember the exact specs. It was getting built as he went. It was actually his dd.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Big, safe street truck= really big money

Why do you need such a large vehicle? Have you considered what axles you want to run that can handle the heavy ass tires you say you want? What transfer case have you thought about utilizing to handle the height you say you want? Are you going to upgrade the brakes at all to stop all this weight? Are you sure you know how you want to lift it, ie. frame drop, hangers and blocks (hack attack)? Why don't you consider coil springs, single triangulated four link front and rear, some tune-able shock absorbers, a deep subframe so the links are flat? What are you going to do for steering?

Have you thought of any of this? Have you done any research on your own? Are you 17 years old or something? You sound like you are just a young kid with no money and just want "the biggest truck in the county".

He needs such a large vehical cause he has a small dick :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 32 Posts