GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm asking everyone to think hard to remember what Jason posted or discussed with them as to what he wanted to do to his Truggy. In my discussions he told me the solid Moog axle in the rear was temporary and his plan was to install a steering axle in the rear. Please help with actual items that Jason talked about wanting to do. We are gathering information so we can have everything possible done. Thank you in advance for all your help!

We are naming the Truggy "Willyswanter I" with the dream of someday having his buggy built as "Willyswanter II".

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i did a search and came up with this http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84653&page=2
i am thinking that is the most recent build progress
Yes, this was the last build and when we get started again, we will be posting pictures on the progress. I'm trying to review all of his post, but with working 60 hours or more each week and him having thousands of posts on just a whole lot of different sites, it is hard. Thank you!

·
has driven a Ford lately.
2,478 Posts
Yes, this was the last build and when we get started again, we will be posting pictures on the progress. I'm trying to review all of his post, but with working 60 hours or more each week and him having thousands of posts on just a whole lot of different sites, it is hard. Thank you!
Awesome, really looking forward to seeing this go together! His build threads were the most interesting thing on the site.

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,251 Posts
I thought that, with the current truck, that the Mogs would be the last build on it? And then once he finished and wheeled it this year, he was going to start building the new truck with the GenIII vortec engine, and possibly an all custom independent suspension?

·
cracker ass fantastic
616 Posts
well since he was planning on doing a rear steer i would think he would keep it a portal axle, so most likely the same axle thats in front now...i think its awesome that you're doing this

·
Illiterate Newbie
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought that, with the current truck, that the Mogs would be the last build on it? And then once he finished and wheeled it this year, he was going to start building the new truck with the GenIII vortec engine, and possibly an all custom independent suspension?
He was going to build his buggy with parts off the Truggy and then cut up the Truggy. Today, we will never get rid of the Truggy but we will finish it and wheel it in his honor.

While being interviewed before the last race of the 2007 NASCAR Cup Series, Jimmy Johnson was asked about loosing two of his very close friends at Hendrick’s Motor Sports in a plane crash and how he was handling it, to which he said: “The way I go on is that I race in their honor and every race I win is in their honor. I don’t know if people will believe this but each time I race I feel their presence in the car with me and I have their names on the hood so they cross the finish line first. I have their names and the tail wing number of the plane on the hood of my car.”

Last year he would cry after each race and had trouble with interviews. He dedicated his season last year to them and went on to win the championship, with both of them on board with him. He talked about how he hears from them and talks to them, he is really weird like us!

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
I think he'd just want it finished. As he told you, he definitely wants the rear Mog axle to steer, so maybe try to incorporate those aircraft parts he bought?

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Geoff and I shot you everything we know. I'll work to try and find a tractor pump or something that meets the criteria he gave if he didn't already have it.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
Mr Ken, it crossed my mind that this thread was going on and I recalled I asked Jason about one part of the build he was going to do. He mentioned something about doing a "top chop" but that is all he said about it. I remember saying I was looking forward to seeing what he would do. I dont know if it will help or hurt the progress being done because this is all I recall. Hope it helps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts