GMC Truck Forum banner

6121 - 6140 of 6263 Posts

·
Registered
9,738 Posts
The new ones are growing on me. I like the top trim level ones quite a bit now.

The interior is where I think they fall short. On the mid tier trim (LT/SLE), you get a lot of value. When compared with the new Dodge and Ford top trim levels, the GM is very lackluster. Im still gonna buy GM because we have Ford and GM at work and the GM seems to have fewer issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Which I agree with you, interiors are way behind ram especially. With the ability to custom your info center blows my mind as to why gm is still behind, one thing I can’t stand is how my wife’s 19 equinox on the info screen for Sirius is just blah, her 16 rav4 had auto hi/lo beams for oncoming traffic and had neat pictures of the music for the Sirius stations. I dont understand why dual power seats, blind spot mirrors and that stuff is still options when it should be standard. One more year left with this car and where gonna get her into a full-size truck.

·
I have t-rex arms
333 Posts
Which I agree with you, interiors are way behind ram especially. With the ability to custom your info center blows my mind as to why gm is still behind, one thing I can’t stand is how my wife’s 19 equinox on the info screen for Sirius is just blah, her 16 rav4 had auto hi/lo beams for oncoming traffic and had neat pictures of the music for the Sirius stations. I dont understand why dual power seats, blind spot mirrors and that stuff is still options when it should be standard. One more year left with this car and where gonna get her into a full-size truck.
Interesting. My wife has an 18 Equinox, but has all that stuff. Although we have a Premier, so it basically has all of the boxes checked. She likes it quite a bit. I think it is a great little car with the 2.0 turbo engine. I can hear the bass in the stereo halfway down the street (typical 40 year old white girl listening to gangsta rap). Trucks are still my jam though. I like the capability and comfort of my Silverado versus a small SUV.

·
Registered
9,738 Posts
Interesting. My wife has an 18 Equinox, but has all that stuff. Although we have a Premier, so it basically has all of the boxes checked. She likes it quite a bit. I think it is a great little car with the 2.0 turbo engine. I can hear the bass in the stereo halfway down the street (typical 40 year old white girl listening to gangsta rap). Trucks are still my jam though. I like the capability and comfort of my Silverado versus a small SUV.

Ours is an LT2 I guess with power seats, blind spot, park assist with all the tech shit but it’s just a pos in my book. The full glass roof is nice but the carpeting and fabric is shit. She wants a truck after this so it’s a win win for me either way with a 6.2

Reactions: heysoos

·
Sportbar aficionado.
81 Posts

Similar situation here with my wife having a 17 Traverse. It's also a 2LT, and has more features than my 2LT 20 Silverado. Every box checked on hers, except the Premier package, which was just chrome trim and a dual exhaust with matching rear bumper cover. She has memory seats, GPS, vanity mirrors, etc. Imo, those are all things a 2LT Silverado should, at the minimum, have as an available option. On paper her 17 Traverse is quicker to 60 mph than a Silverado with the 5.3 & 10-speed. A Silverado with the 6.2 is slightly more than 1/2 a second faster than her Traverse. Magazine racing only, of course. Compared to the interiors of the Durango and Explorer, I think Chevy got it right with the 17 Traverse. But, with the trucks, GM feel behind Ram. I still believe GM is ahead of Ford in that category, though, with the exception of the King Ranch. Too much cheap feeling hard plastic in the F150. Just my $0.02.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
ppf'd my cleared headlights and installed them on the sierra

·
Registered
50 Posts

installed some firestone air bags on her, i dont tow the toy hauler with it but when towing the dirtbikes/atvs on 6x12 she would squat and it looked ugly. I need to raise the front now

·
"God Damn Buick Regal"
1,555 Posts
haven't been on here in awhile, been dailying a accord beater, but helped a friend move this past weekend so had to bring her out. first time ever towing a 27" enclosed traile and it handled it pretty well

*pic was before airing up the helper bags

Attachments

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
tried the CLR trick on the square this weekend. Mixed 1/4 CLR to 3/4 hot water in a spray bottle. Soaked the white panels for 5min and then scrubbed them with a green scotch pad. Rinse off with the hose

before

After

·
Registered
330 Posts
tried the CLR trick on the square this weekend. Mixed 1/4 CLR to 3/4 hot water in a spray bottle. Soaked the white panels for 5min and then scrubbed them with a green scotch pad. Rinse off with the hose

before

After

Damn that worked well!

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
yeah not too bad. Old hotrod trick I've always wanted to try

6121 - 6140 of 6263 Posts