GMC Truck Forum banner

6301 - 6314 of 6314 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
You storm chasing to have rain come backwards in the cab?

I like to drive w/ an open window for air circulation.
W/ newer vehicles, the drone/wind buffering sound you get w/an open door window bothers my ears. It's not the tires, it's the way newer vehicles are designed. I also own older vehicles & they don't do that & they have the same tires.

When sitting still while its raining, the rain will slightly come in the back window. Then when you take off, it rolls of the roof & into the cab. The rear visor prevents this.

I currently have a crappy tonneau cover that prevents bed debris from flying around.

Once the cap is put on, you won't see the visor. But it will bridge the gap between the cab & cap & still prevent the rain from rolling in & still allow my air ventilation w/o the air done sound.

I have done this setup several times over the years on several diff gens of gm trucks & has always worked out for me.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I like to drive w/ an open window for air circulation.
W/ newer vehicles, the drone/wind buffering sound you get w/an open door window bothers my ears. It's not the tires, it's the way newer vehicles are designed. I also own older vehicles & they don't do that & they have the same tires.

When sitting still while its raining, the rain will slightly come in the back window. Then when you take off, it rolls of the roof & into the cab. The rear visor prevents this.

I currently have a crappy tonneau cover that prevents bed debris from flying around.

Once the cap is put on, you won't see the visor. But it will bridge the gap between the cab & cap & still prevent the rain from rolling in & still allow my air ventilation w/o the air done sound.

I have done this setup several times over the years on several diff gens of gm trucks & has always worked out for me.
I don’t know what you’re smoking but I open the sliding rear glass on my 19 and it’s whisper quiet with the soft tonneau cover. Never done it sitting still in the rain though, I’ll chalk that up to a 3 digit IQ level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don’t know what you’re smoking but I open the sliding rear glass on my 19 and it’s whisper quiet with the soft tonneau cover. Never done it sitting still in the rain though, I’ll chalk that up to a 3 digit IQ level.

I think that you need to check that so called triple digit IQ & reread what I said. I never said anything about noise issues w/ an open sliding window. I said that, that the air noise issue was when the door window/s were open. That is why I put in the slider in the 1st place, to eliminate the noise & retain air circulation.

Not for nothing, but the 19 is a different body style. Not having driven either 2019 k2xx or 2019 t1 gen truck, I will not comment on what it does & what it does not do.

But thank you for sharing your opinion.
Have a Nice Day

·
Registered
155 Posts

Installed roof console like OEM on my 06 EXT cab Silverado WT knocked it out in 2 days only cause of bad weather and I was recording it for a possible YT tutorial. All wiring is to OEM spec and location and functions like factory. Will be swapping out the old bulbs for LEDs

·
Registered
429 Posts

Installed roof console like OEM on my 06 EXT cab Silverado WT knocked it out in 2 days only cause of bad weather and I was recording it for a possible YT tutorial. All wiring is to OEM spec and location and functions like factory. Will be swapping out the old bulbs for LEDs

Question why did you go through the trouble of putting a overhead console when you should have been replacing the headliner?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
Question why did you go through the trouble of putting a overhead console when you should have been replacing the headliner?

A good question! I’m still deciding on the material. Idk if I want faux suede or the new fabric newer vehicles use.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
"what did you do to your Ferd today?"

Installed airlift 5000 ultimate airbags...After 3 weeks of ordering the correct stock blocks, grinding the seized bump stop bolts off, I was finally able to install.

...now I can carry this heavy carbon fiber bike with no sag

First pick with 25psi, and second pic with 10psi

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
The Schrader valve location is clean.

·
Registered
429 Posts
"what did you do to your Ferd today?"

Installed airlift 5000 ultimate airbags...After 3 weeks of ordering the correct stock blocks, grinding the seized bump stop bolts off, I was finally able to install.

...now I can carry this heavy carbon fiber bike with no sag

First pick with 25psi, and second pic with 10psi

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Yeah you definitely needed them for that heavy load!

6301 - 6314 of 6314 Posts