GMC Truck Forum banner

what did you do to your gm today?

622K views 6K replies 641 participants last post by  e.reesor2 
#1 ·
i started debadging and pulled trim

#6 ·
Started polishing the back side of my welds, and quickly realized its going to take about 7 hours per wheel :eek:kay2:

Edit:
i ordered comp cams and lifters and rocker arms i have a 2004 gmc sierra and my mechanic said its a 28 hour job?
28 hours for a cam swap? You need to find a new mechanic. 6 hours TOPS.

#8 ·
that what i thought and he said its different on the 04's and gotta take off heads and some shit and said easiest to pull motor
I just realized you're doing lifters as well, so the heads do need to be taken off in order to do those. But there's no reason why you'd need to pull the entire engine out of the truck. All of that can be done while in the truck. Even then, 28 hours is way too much. IIRC even Alldata estimates 13 hours for a complete engine swap on these trucks, so pulling the heads and swapping a cam and rockers is an additional 15 hours? Go somewhere else to have your truck worked on.

#12 ·
Installed footwells leds strips and installed the cubby that I bought from timy. Als found out the problem why my map lights were not working. Tried to install my reverse camera but couldn't find the right wire to tap into inside the cab.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

#14 ·
Burnt 1/4 tank of gas, and bought some Oracle switchback LED's for it!

tomorrow.......... new spark plugs, oil change, fuel up, and maybe replace the hood latch cable if time allows.