GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys..new to the forum. I just picked up a 06 2500HD Duramax crew cab/long bed . I'm wanting to put some 35's on it and I was wondering what all I needed to get em' on. The truck is only 2wheel drive so do I just need a leveling kit or am I going to have to lift it? If so what's the size lift will I need..4"? Well if anyone can give some input I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Stock wheels, trim plastic, zip tie ebrake cable, hammer pinch weld, and crank torsion bars level!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
you have to first off do a SAS conversion for that combination to work.

·
Puttin 4 Bird
5,842 Posts
Probably like a 16" FTS lift to clear those 35's

pismo_09_130__copy.jpg

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
You need to search is what you need to do!

·
California Castaway
9,402 Posts
giving you a serious answer all you should need is cranked torsion bars, IIRC all 2500s sit the same since they're all torsion bar suspenion

·
BORN CHEVY
1,324 Posts
Man you guys are a little hard on the new guy. You can at least tell him to search and then next time get on to him about it.

·
Registered
13,677 Posts
at least a 12" full drop kit, new muffler bearings, some common sense, and maybe the search feature of this site.

·
Daddy
1,360 Posts
Some of you go out of your way to be assholes.......why???

Cameron, welcome to GMFS, sorry for the rudeness.

You will need to level your truck with some green keys and then you might have to do a little bit of trimming to tuck 35's. Check out this thread about leveling: http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84765

:shake:

·
03 Silverado in progress
692 Posts
wow i'm glad somebody else on this site is willing to help new people instead of bash them

·
disgusted
210 Posts
oh and headlight fluid, dont forget that

sorry, just playin man. welcome to GMFS, good to have you. any simple questions you have, usually have already been answered. I asked a noob question or two in my time, dont feel bad about it, just hit that search bar and THEN start a thread if you cant find what you're looking for.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
on stock wheels u just need to crank your bars and do some trimming...if you go with different wheels is when it gets alittle more tricky...i ran 34x12s on x9s my 07 hd with green keys and had to trim the pinch weld...i could have ran a 35

·
Registered
440 Posts
throw a 6" pro comp on it. With the 6" you can clear 37s on pretty much any wheel. Had a 6" on my 05 duramax and ran 37s with no rubbing at all

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ohsobad_chevy and others who were kind enough to lead me in the right direction thanks..I really appreciate it. I think I'm just going to level the truck out and put some 33's on it. Oh and does the search work for finding douche bag members on here?..oh wait, just typed it in and most of your names came up. what a great forum!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts