GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to bend mine up a little so the wheels would clear and was wanting to clean the lips up a little before I take it in to the shop and was wondering what you guys do to make them look ok/less noticiable

·
Loves yoga pants
2,411 Posts
Mine are actually cut about every 1.5" and then pressed back against the fender itself. We did about 1.5 feet of the rear fender lips so that you could only tell if ya ran your hand on them. I need to spray undercoating on it now to protect the bare edges from rusting.

Pat

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
OKLAGMCRUISER said:
Mine are actually cut about every 1.5" and then pressed back against the fender itself. We did about 1.5 feet of the rear fender lips so that you could only tell if ya ran your hand on them. I need to spray undercoating on it now to protect the bare edges from rusting.
Pat
That's what I was considering, making some relief cuts and then bending the lip back on it's self ... but I'd like to see what other people did as well.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I did mine I cut the lip every so often like oklagmcruiser said. I took a piece of 2" square steel tubing and cut into it enough so the sheetmetal would go into it then just bent it up. Worked really well.

·
Registered
559 Posts
yeah ,if u are good woth a sawzall just run it up against the edge of the fender and cut off that lip, of a mini air saw

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I just rolled mine up with a small PVC pipe pressed against the tire with the force being applied so that the fender lip bent upwards :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts