GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
kissin hands shakin babie
6,529 Posts
i have a harbor freight one that sucks cuz it takes forever to get anything in the air, but it works well, the napa one i have works great, and then for light weight stuff i have a bluepoint all aluminum jack

·
2008 RCSB
9,634 Posts
I would like to get me a new one, something alot nicer. My problem is I need a low profile that jacks like 30" and can handle some weight.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i had a busy weekend and didnt make it in to look at one, maybe ill hold off a bit til i find one i like better

Are you close to a Costco? I just bought the Arcan XL35R from them last week for $92. It's the same as the XL35 except for the color. (The "R" means red.) Here are reviews for the XL35: http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200345429_200345429
thats the exact one i want but im not close to anywhere where i can get one :bawl:

·
07SilveradoNoob
1,314 Posts
I have that exact same jack. Dad got it for me christmas 07, used it rarely and when taking my leveling kit off the pump seal gave out, leaked fluid everywhere. . . luckly sears will exchange within a years time w/ reciept.

The replacement one I got(Nov. '08), exact same model, is showing early signs. . . when I pump it up, it will lower slightly until you pump it up more. Hopefully it will go before the 1yr is up.

And I rarely use the thing, upon searching you'll find that all the newer made chaftsmen jacks are built out of china. . . and good luck finding a good replacement part.

·
Registered
293 Posts
both of my craftsman jacks I have bought in the past 5 years have the seals going out. The one that Ive had for 5 years is fine for light loads but with the full weight of a vehicle it will start dropping. The second Ive had for about 2 years now and it is starting to become the same way and Ive only used it twice and that was to lower my truck and then to lift it.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
napa

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
Dont cheap out on a jack IMO. Im using a old school 3 ton (i htink) that was my granddad's. We rebuilt it after it sat for years and weve been using it alot for the past 5 years or so and its been great. Old school stuff ftw.

·
I rule!
423 Posts
I have that same jack. The first one I got had the joint at the bottom of the handle break so I got a replacement. It has been problem free so far. I don't use it daily or anything so it should last a while.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
is it possible to find i good jack that isn't a piece of shit unless i cry on the snap-on or mac truck?

·
hotroddr32
245 Posts
My wife bought me that jack for Christmas. I've had no problems. Did add some oil when I first got it. Must have come that way.no leaks. I guess if I had to change anything with it, the handle seems a little flimsy to me.

·
Registered
366 Posts
The aluminum struggle a bit under my truck and Buick Rivy, but it does work. The low profile is nice especially when you have a low vehicle.

But if you can find a LP steel jack its much better for the truck.

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
"Used 6 times. Seals failed. Have a Sears jack I bought 20yrs ago & still works good. The new one is no good. Really disapponted. Would give it no stars if I could."

·
GMFS Member
1,034 Posts
"Used 6 times. Seals failed. Have a Sears jack I bought 20yrs ago & still works good. The new one is no good. Really disapponted. Would give it no stars if I could."
Anyone see a problem with this post?

Name: Oleg

You bought it when you were born?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts