GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i put a 3 in bl and 2 in block in the rear on my truck and then cranked my stock torsion keys about 4 turns to clear my 33's, but now i feel as the truck has a ratrod look to it, could i crank the stock keys some more to get some lift, and should i realign it after even if i do it evenly on each side, thanks.

·
Relentless Motorsports
1,222 Posts
take the blocks out and get it realigned

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont wanna take the blocks out, i only need a little lift in the front to level it out, and i dont wanna put keys in cause ive seen how much of a pain in the ass they can be on a buddys truck, we had to cut the old keys out to get the torsion bar to slide out, does it really make a difference if you crank the stock keys alot compared to getting leveling keys cause all they do is allow you to crank them more right?

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
What year is your truck? Im guessing 98 or older.

Your not going to get it level with 2 inch blocks in the back. Especially with stock keys.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its a 97, i know i wont get it exactly level but i just wanna know if cranking the keys if ill get any lift out of it, and if it will make my cv angles bad.

·
Multiple GMFS owner
2,098 Posts
What year is your truck? Im guessing 98 or older.

Your not going to get it level with 2 inch blocks in the back. Especially with stock keys.
I have an 88 Sierra that has like a 1/2" of cali on stock keys and 2" blocks, my OBS can crank to the droop stops

·
Registered
191 Posts
I wouldn't do it but get some ford keys and it will give you more lift in the front. I woud take out the 2" blocks and get it aligned. If your not happy with that get a small lift.

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
Like most have said, lose the 2'' blocks.. I have a 6.5 cepek in my 98 and im runnin 3'' blocks :)

Cook MN.. unreal. Welcome to GMFS.

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
I have an 88 Sierra that has like a 1/2" of cali on stock keys and 2" blocks, my OBS can crank to the droop stops
Theres no way you got 4 inches of lift from cranking the stock keys. Do you realize how ridiculous you sound right now?

I've never seen any torsion bar truck get level with lift in the rear.

My 89 with no lift in back wouldnt even sit level with maxed stock keys.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts