GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Member #670
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im having trouble creating a full list of everyhting that i would need to run air bags with FBSS. I would want to run 1/2" valves and line. Heres what i have so far:
-8 1/2" valves
-4 Air Bags
-1/2" air line (how much and whats the best kind?)
-tank (whats a good size? i was thinking 2 5's or 2 7's)
-compressor (2 viair's)
-fittings (this is where im really lost, need help please)
-moisture trap
-PSI switch
-gauges
-switches

if i do this is plan on running the KP canti with the Cool Ride

i already emailed Larry, and im waiting for him to email me back...is there anywhere that would be a good place to order a complete air management kit? I see that IF customs sells a large kit for $1500 is this any good? Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
you pretty much have everything listed. on the airline, i'd just buy a 50 ft. roll from suicidedoors.com. he has the cheapest line that i've seen. that way you can plumb your whole system, and still have a few feet left over. on the fittings, im running compression fittings from home depot. if you want to run DOT compression fittings, NAPA should have them. I'd definately recomment compression fittings over the push to connect fittings.

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
Just get the everything from Larry. He has everything (air management and brackets). On the fittings, it depends on where you mount your valves. Larry has some setups with fittings where the Valves are mounted on the tanks. I'd just call larry and explain to him how you want to set it up. I'm sure he'll provide all the info you need.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
-8 1/2" valves
-4 Air Bags
-1/2" air line (how much and whats the best kind?)
-tank (whats a good size? i was thinking 2 5's or 2 7's)
-compressor (2 viair's)
-fittings (this is where im really lost, need help please)
-moisture trap
-PSI switch
-gauges
-switches
-You can also purchase extra 1/2" airline from places like Car Quest for around 40 cents a foot and 1/4" for around 20 cents a foot.
-I'd go with an engine driven compressor hands down(contact Beefy)
-I have three 5 ga. tanks mounted on my frame I attached a pic of what it looks like below.
-I'd recomend a PSI Gauge for the tanks as well
-Your going to need a wiring kit. 10 ga. power wire, 12 ga.(I think that's what I used) wire for the switch box, fuses for the box and valves.
-As far as the fittings go I'd just buy a kit to make it alot easier, most of the companies that sell air ride have kits you can buy.
-And ofcourse you're going to need a 2 link or 4 link setup.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
groundscraper said:
Just get the everything from Larry. He has everything (air management and brackets). On the fittings, it depends on where you mount your valves. Larry has some setups with fittings where the Valves are mounted on the tanks. I'd just call larry and explain to him how you want to set it up. I'm sure he'll provide all the info you need.
:word:Larry is the man. I'd call him, tell him what you want and he'll get everything together for you. http://www.innovativeairsuspension.com

Cameron

·
Member #670
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks for all the info, yeah LArry emailed me back with all the info about the air management kit. Just one question, with the wiring is it pretty straight forward? should i just buy a wiring kit?

Thanks,
Dan

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
The wiring is pretty straight forward. Just make sure you label all your wires. :bowtie:

·
Member #670
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
groundscraper said:
The wiring is pretty straight forward. Just make sure you label all your wires. :bowtie:
very cool...thanks :worship:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts