GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I just got back to work after quite a while of being off. I have that itch to buy a cpl things. I want some input on Banks for gas engines. They are claiming that basically they are the only cold air intake to really make power. whats your thoughts? its alot more than like afe or air raid. also I was thinking about getting there monster exhaust. let me know what you think. tia.
http://bankspower.com/products/show/308/10

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Well I guess since you disregarded the rest of the information on this site, you'll probably disregard me saying that they're full of shit. No intake is going to give you respectable gains.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I guess since you disregarded the rest of the information on this site, you'll probably disregard me saying that they're full of shit. No intake is going to give you respectable gains.
I didnt disregarde anything on the site. I searched and didnt even see anything about this subject. I just find it so hard to belive that there is any differance whatsoever. do you think there numbers are completly false though?? that would be a serious lawsuit if so. thats the only reason I ask. I figure I will maybe get 5hp off of an intake. I like the afe set up better. but if you guys thought the banks was legit then I would spend the coin you know.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
I didnt disregarde anything on the site. I searched and didnt even see anything about this subject. I just find it so hard to belive that there is any differance whatsoever. do you think there numbers are completly false though?? that would be a serious lawsuit if so. thats the only reason I ask. I figure I will maybe get 5hp off of an intake. I like the afe set up better. but if you guys thought the banks was legit then I would spend the coin you know.
Dyno numbers can be easily manipulated. Most companies don't list when and where the tests are done. You could gain 15 rwhp just between dynoing on a perfectly cold day compared to 110* humid heat.

An intake is an intake. There are dry filters and lubricated. They all do the same thing essentially. Either way it's a waste of money in my opinion. Having installed every bolt on you can on my engine, the intake was the biggest waste of money I have spent. The engine can only suck in so much air. The airbox is a restriction, but only a mild one. You aren't going to gain much of anything by swapping intakes, it's simple as that.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks randomhero. thats what I was trying to get figured out. Now what about there exhaust? worth the $485? seems like a pretty decent price to me.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
You can gain UP TO 235 RWHP with a handheld. That means 0 - 235 HP. :read: nothing compares with a custom tune.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
thanks randomhero. thats what I was trying to get figured out. Now what about there exhaust? worth the $485? seems like a pretty decent price to me.
You have to ask yourself that question. My truck runs low 13s and I just have a stock exhaust with a 3" hooker aerochamber muffler welded in. It cost me a grand total of $125. Now at the same time, there are guys blowing $1000 on a full corsa setup.

If you like the looks of their exhaust then get it, but again don't do it for performance gains.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh thanks john. I heard the NOS sticker is an easy 60rwhp too. haha I already know about the tune situation. Im goin blackbear already. thanks

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks mark. i think your input has helped in the desicion im making this week. Im doin the banks exhause. for the looks. I really think it looks good. As far as intake with what you said im doin the afe cause it looks good to me. And of course a blackbear tune. i just want a little more go. Im not trying to build a dragster. just a dd with some extra power.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im planning on ordering the banks this week. My buddies shop got it for like $450, which is a good price. I just really like how it looks. I honestly think I lost power when I had my flowmaster installed. I had 3" pipe with a flowmaster 50 series put on at the muffler shop and it felt like I lost a ton of power. what is the bullet you speak of???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts