GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
:roflbow: I hope he throws all that crap on one hug box like the pics.

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
lmfao, this is a joke, right?

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
not a bad price at all! I wonder if any one has used it? That would be sweet..
seems a little generic but still a descent price if its not garbage stuff. Would be sick as hell. Twin Turbo would be overkill for my needs though :eek:.

·
Registered
13,677 Posts
If it looks too good to be true....

When I built my turbo setup, I was $15k deep and still not done.
ok ignore this post if its too far off, i have no clue about this type shit.

but arent the main components just the turbos? i mean i know BOV's, intercoolers, headers and shit are expensive, but i mean its mostly pipes and fittings and gaskets and shit though right?

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
ok ignore this post if its too far off, i have no clue about this type shit.

but arent the main components just the turbos? i mean i know BOV's, intercoolers, headers and shit are expensive, but i mean its mostly pipes and fittings and gaskets and shit though right?
No, I have $400 into my turbo. Granted I got it less than half price, but I have $1000 into my hot pipes alone.

I laugh every time I see someone who gets a turbo from a friend or finds one in a junkyard and asks if they can put it on their truck for cheap.

·
haz 12"s!
4,531 Posts
its all the little shit that will nickel and dime you to death.. Whats funny is I got a lot of my shit free or at cost being a Mod on LS1Tech. I paid cost for my turbo and it was still $1200 for a T76GTS. I also did the whole fuel system with big external pump, 60lb injectors, all new braided lines.. Its a whole new world.

·
Registered
13,677 Posts
No, I have $400 into my turbo. Granted I got it less than half price, but I have $1000 into my hot pipes alone.

I laugh every time I see someone who gets a turbo from a friend or finds one in a junkyard and asks if they can put it on their truck for cheap.
:hmm:

Well i dont know shit about em. but seems like you could buy this kit for the piping and shit, and just upgrade the turbos. then sell the included ones to a ricer kid.

id be worried about the turbo fan shitting and launching itself into my combustion chamber.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
:hmm:

Well i dont know shit about em. but seems like you could buy this kit for the piping and shit, and just upgrade the turbos. then sell the included ones to a ricer kid.

id be worried about the turbo fan shitting and launching itself into my combustion chamber.
Sure you could buy the piping, but where is the turbo manifold? I wait it doesn't come with one.

3" cold side piping is cheap as shit. You can get a bunch of 45* and 90* bends for under $150 shipped to do the full intercooler setup.

That kit comes with parts, but that doesn't mean they're quality parts or meant for a v8.

People want BMW quality at Kia prices. You can buy used and have that BMW quality for cheaper, but you can't buy a Kia and turn it into a BMW.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts