GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Slvrpismochevy96 said:
why dont you get some BFG m/t's?
Cuz these are $62.00 a tire cheaper than the BFG's and if they are even almost as good as the BFG's then it would be worth saving the $248.00 on a set of four. :imo

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Im still unsure on if i like the tread pattern or not...looks pretty agressive tho. Might be worth saving that $250 or so...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Silverado said:
Cuz these are $62.00 a tire cheaper than the BFG's and if they are even almost as good as the BFG's then it would be worth saving the $248.00 on a set of four. :imo
but if you get 20k less miles out of them is it really worth the savings? just cause tires look good doesnt mean that they will perform good on or off road. how much off road do you do? find someone that has those tires and find out how long they lasted and what kinda driving they did. also you need to find out what the tires are like since you probably do close 90% of your driving on the road.

·
Registered
703 Posts
tx marine said:
but if you get 20k less miles out of them is it really worth the savings? just cause tires look good doesnt mean that they will perform good on or off road. how much off road do you do? find someone that has those tires and find out how long they lasted and what kinda driving they did. also you need to find out what the tires are like since you probably do close 90% of your driving on the road.
:word: :imo

You are more or less buying so many miles of tire wear per dollar meaning a $100 dollar tire that gets you 10,000 miles = 100 miles per dollar...

If you get a $200 dollar tire but you get 30,000 miles out of it then that = 150 miles per dollar

You just need to figure those types of things out before you jump right ahead and say its worth spening less on a tire...sometime you'll be right....other times it will require some more investigation.

I guess you could put all that adise if you wanted cuz this is my point: Shop around and learn as much as possible before you jump the gun. Even if your first choice is the right choice to you, then proove it to yourself before you just spend the money.

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Slvrpismochevy96 said:
:word: :imo

You are more or less buying so many miles of tire wear per dollar meaning a $100 dollar tire that gets you 10,000 miles = 100 miles per dollar...

If you get a $200 dollar tire but you get 30,000 miles out of it then that = 150 miles per dollar

You just need to figure those types of things out before you jump right ahead and say its worth spening less on a tire...sometime you'll be right....other times it will require some more investigation.

I guess you could put all that adise if you wanted cuz this is my point: Shop around and learn as much as possible before you jump the gun. Even if your first choice is the right choice to you, then proove it to yourself before you just spend the money.
That was the whole point of this thread, to get as many opinions as possible.
I never said I was gonna go out and buy them. I'm just trying to weigh them against the BFG's.

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tx marine said:
They have reviews of these tires at Tirerack.com, from what I've read so far they seem to be a decent tire. :crazy:

As for what kind of driving I do your right 90% on road, but the truck is my primary transportation. So that is probly normal.

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
They actually wear pretty long, from what I hear. I knew a guy that had Dunlop Mud Rovers on his mid-80's K5 Blazer, and he liked them and recommended them.

Side note, Dunlop is a subsidiary of Goodyear, so its safe to say that its probably a quality product.

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
take a look at the buckshot mudder radials too. they are more aggressive looking IMO and still cheap :crazy:

·
Keepin' it real...
2,284 Posts
Jeff said:
take a look at the buckshot mudder radials too. they are more aggressive looking IMO and still cheap :crazy:
:word: Quite a few people on the forums have ran these tires, and everyone seems to love them.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Jeff said:
Silverado said:
As for what kind of driving I do your right 90% on road, but the truck is my primary transportation. So that is probly normal.
again back to my comment...who gives a shit what they look like. i could sculpt a cool lookin statue out of shit but its still just that...shit. he does most (damned near all) of his driving on the street so he should get a tire that has good road manners, then learn how to drive off road with them. there is no need for super swampers or some other super aggressive tire on a daily driver. if you cant drive it stock then dont lift it and get more aggressive tires...they dont teach you to drive better they just help you get stuck faster when you use too much skinny pedal. :rolleyes:

·
NOT A SHOW TRUCK!!
372 Posts
I dont know anything about the dunlops but I am running 285 maxxis mudders and the only complaint is there not 35s I was trying to stretch a set of bald a/ts and they finally blew out before I could get the bodylift so now I am stuck with em until they wear out :read:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts