GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
GMFS Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of going with the fabtech 6" basic (K1024). 20" fuel hostage rims and 35/12.50 bfg tires. Local shop quoted $4,950 plus tax installed. Basically, they said the lift is $1,795, the rims around $250ea., the tires right $400ea. and $600 installation.

What do you think? Is there anything else I'll need to go with the lift?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Don't get bfg's. Never measure out true and they look dookie.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Agreed, I will never go back to BFG's after my experience with toyo mt's.
Either go with Toyo MT's or Nitto Trail Grapplers.
And their quote for labor is really low compared to what I've seen.
I ordered my wheels and tires for about $2,600 as a package.

·
GMFS Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the warning on bfg. I think he said they were ko2. I will stick with toyo or nitto. I don't think the lift kit comes with new front shocks so I'll probably have to get those. Will I need a steering stabilizer too?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for the warning on bfg. I think he said they were ko2. I will stick with toyo or nitto. I don't think the lift kit comes with new front shocks so I'll probably have to get those. Will I need a steering stabilizer too?
I chose the Toyo AT2 over BFG's AT because I had the BFG's on an older truck and they wore out too fast and in the end just didn't like the tread, took too long to realize they were too street looking but that was my taste. So far love the AT2's, nearly no noise, super smooth and the wear has been super so far.

The Basic Fabtech Lift doesn't need new shocks from what I recall, I think it comes with strut spacers so you use the stock shocks.

I can tell you as long as you are running 35's you won't need a steering stabilizer unless you are beating it up. I have no shake or vibrations at all, any quality lift kit installed correctly should provide the same outcome. I have friends running 40's with no stabilizers, you should be fine.

·
GMFS Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome, thanks for the info! I didn't know if I should replace the shocks since my truck has 115k on it.

·
i like interco
3,269 Posts
I agree with them about the tires but otherwise I'm not a fan of the janky ass bottom strut spacers that come with the fabtech. I was too lazy to do bilsteins on mine , but with 100k and its gonna be apart buck up and grab the 7-9 bilstein struts vs using that spacer thing.

IMG_0307_zps4d51aacf.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
I had BFG all terrains on my old truck. MF's lasted forever

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,691 Posts
Bfg are expensive for what they are the ATs throw stones like crazy. And all are so damn narrow

·
HABS SUCK!!
1,833 Posts
I had BFG all terrains on my old truck. MF's lasted forever
Same here, wore like iron. Would have bought them again but their cost is insane.

·
Yake is a Fgt
3,582 Posts
The new KO2 looks great to me. But as others have said, they do run small and throw lots of rocks

·
Registered
614 Posts
toyo at2s or mickey thompson atz p3. my buddy has the atz p3 on his f250 and they're wearing great.

·
GMFS Member
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm about ready to order everything. I'm thinking of going with moto metal wheels. What offset and backspacing will I need?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts