GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Missin the switches
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bowtie is cracked n shit so i have to get a new one anyway..i know its not the most original idea but i thought it would look good after i saw the green in my sig with the truck..what do you think? just makes it stand out a little more since there are millions of pewter tahoes around here..also sorry for the shitty pics..gf has the camera lol

·
Registered
626 Posts
I painted mine grabber green with the same intent, i ended up hating it after a week and repainted it black

·
Missin the switches
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I painted mine grabber green with the same intent, i ended up hating it after a week and repainted it black
i was going to do black, but nothing else on the truck is really black since everything is colormatched besides the stupid bumper cover..ill see how i like it since im gettin a new bowtie anyway..i was just sick of looking at the cracked bowtie..id do it pewter, but with the chome and pewter it doesnt really stand out so its not worth it imo

·
Missin the switches
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dumb. its a random color in the middle of your grill that doesnt tie into anything else.
lol basically..i just saw the green in my sig and i needed some green paint for something else so i figured what the hell..i was sick of seein the cracked bowtie..so many people around here with the same front end on the same pewter tahoes i just wanted to do sumthin different..it will be replaced anyway once i get my new bowtie

·
Missin the switches
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no thanks, go black
prolly what ill end up doin once i get the new one..id do a billet, but with the chrome grille and inserts it would be to much..

i thought about color matching the grill, but IMO pewter grilles dont do it for me like say a black color matched or red etc...the chrome goes good with the color i think

·
Missin the switches
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes leave as is colormatch valances and black bowtie. be done. mines black on my new truck which is the same color as yours looks best imo.
im going to do the top one forsue, but idk about the bottom..i drive it in winter and theres always 5 foot snow banks all around, and with it being lowered i would end up fucking it up forsure..i need a new top valance from when some idiot hit me in the parking lot and fucked it all up

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
oh true. Too bad they don't make a black lower valance for yours. But at least paint the top one. I'm only painting my top and got a black 06 valance because mine is so low i don't want to scratch it lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts