GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm leaving in a week for a road trip from Washington state to Virginia/Maryland. Just looking for ideas on anything else I should check out on my truck before I leave. So far I've gone through the front end, changed idler/pitman arms, 2 tie rods, and a ball joint. Just changed the oil and re-hit all the zirc's on the truck. Also, I changed both u-joints in the rear drive shaft. Over the last few months I've changed both half shafts in the front, and both front hub assemblies and got new tires.

Can you guys think of anything else? I was thinking about changing out the fluid in both diff's just to be safe, do you think its necessary? Any help you guys can give would be much appreciated, I'm just trying to get as road worthy as possible before putting about 6k on it in the next month or so.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hey another WA member :head2:

It wouldn't hurt to change out the diff fluid but probably not necessary. Hows the level and when was the last time it was changed?

I cant think of anything else other than the normal fluids - engine, tranny, coolant, power steering, brake and windshield washer. and maybe fuel filter, carry an extra serpentine belt?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the diff fluid level is good, and its nice and clean, but I'm not sure when it was changed, thats why I was thinking I'll probably go ahead and do it. Yeah I always carry an extra belt in one of the seat pockets. Just did the fuel filter this winter too when the pump went out. All other fluids are pretty new, within the last 15k miles except brake, that could use to be changed but I'm going to do that when I get some stainless steel brake lines, so it should be ok, wont be using too much brakes since its 95% freeway.

Where are you in WA?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts