GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i decided to revamp my interior.

my truck is an 01 2wd rcsb ls.

at some point before i bought it, someone swapped out the nice seats for work truck seats. the driver seat is torn, the headliner is sagging, the leather on the wheel is torn up. so i want to replace that, and also upgrade where reasonable.

ive been hitting the junk yards with a vengeance to get my interior back in order.

so far i have:
another set of manual ls cloth seats with fold down center
fresh carpet
hd cluster with trans temp gauge
perfect leather wrapped wheel out of a tahoe
fog light switch (adding factory fogs too)
99 dash mounted cupholders (in addition to ones mounted on center seat, reg cab truck needs 4 cupholders lol)
obs suburban overhead full length console. found a blank to remove rear ac controls
yukon 2 piece visors with vanity lights
yukon cargo area dome light with the 2 extra bulbs/buttons
have some material on order to redo headliner and cloth portion of overhead console

anything else i can ad while im in here? im basically going to gut the truck, clean everything and reassemble in a couple weeks. i want to do everything in one shot and be done with this portion of the truck.

im hoping to find an escalade cluster, but the hd one will do for now, and thats easy to swap.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Put LED's in everything, That will add a custom touch. Do you use your jump seat for 3 people? If not swap in a full length center console and it has 4 cup holders. Are you platics holding up such as the paint isnt peeling off of them? If they are I would put now ones in. For the most part it sounds like you have it all down

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im leaving the jump, i have a 75 pound boxer and he needs the space to stretch out on long drives. otherwise id get an 03+ console for sure.

all the plastics are in good shape.

·
CHIMICHANGA
3,275 Posts
Escalade knobs are nice, I never owned them but always wanted them. Escalade/Denali interior pull handles for the door. Also not sure which door panels you have but you can get some nice(r) door panels that have the carpet inserts on the bottom. Depending on the interior color, look for a Denali dash bezel. All I can think of for now.

·
i like interco
3,269 Posts
You could paint the dash. Its sick to me idk if you're into it ,but it sounds good otherwise.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree about the LEDs, I have a 89 k1500 that I just redid the interior, new headliner, seat, painted the dash and door panels, interior is mostly black with blue accents including blue leds, its a great choice

·
GMT-400 Fan
104 Posts
I can attest to LEDs. I sell them but I won't steal business if y'all have an official lighting vendor here. They get first dibs. I'm just here to say I have converted damn near everything in my 97ecsb to LED/HID aside from the window switches and such and the third brake light and it has turned my truck into a whole new ride that I love to get in and drive day or night. Go for the LEDs man! It makes a world of difference.

sent from what is likely a flagged smartphone.

·
Authorized Katzkin Dealer
2 Posts
I haven't been on this forum in a few but I distribute Katzkin leather interior covers for all makes and models through several forums. Just a thought??
John

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I haven't been on this forum in a few but I distribute Katzkin leather interior covers for all makes and models through several forums. Just a thought??
John
A katzkin dealer out of Tucson awesome!!!! How much for seat covers for a 2006 silverado just the front seats without arm rests interior color dark charcoal or 69D code?

·
Authorized Katzkin Dealer
2 Posts
Just the front row there is not much of a savings. You would be looking at $600 or $750 installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts